PAINKLILLER

Totally caught off guard by Wende's outburst, Marits wide eyed gaze shifted from the battered face of the tall old warrior in one cell, to the much younger but strangely attractive face in the other. The cool grey-blue eyes looked at her intently and the young woman felt her breath catch in her throat. Never in her live had she seen such beautiful eyes!

"GIRL!! STOP STARING AT GUNNAR AND OPEN THESE DAMN CELL DOORS!!!" It was that he couldn't grab the woman through the bars without electrocuting himself or else he would have grabbed her and shaken her because of her slowness.

As if the spell was broken by his words, Marit quickly turned around to the old electrical panel and with a simple movement clicked off the main switch. The moment the power was turned down and the men were finally able to opened the doors, Wende also arrived at the bottom of the stairs, panting like an old horse.

Quicklyshe approached the cell of the old warrior, who at exactly that moment threw open the door. With a pounding heart, both from the run and from the excitement, Wende watched as the giant took a step outside his cell.

A grin formed on his lips at the tense look in his eyes, and without hesitation he bridged the distance between them with long strides. Careful not to scare her off, Mohr'kad cupped her face with both hands, bent his head toward her, and pressed his mouth firmly against hers.

Loud creaking at the top of the stairs ended the intimate moment.

"If we survive this eyséah, I promise you won't leave my room for at least a week!"

With those words, he grabbed her hand and turned a quarter turn toward his men.

"OUR STUFF! WE NEED OUR WAPONS!"

Meanwhile, the five men and two women heard the door at the top of the stairs finally give way to the constant pounding unleashed upon it, and the sound of a deafening roar that followed sent both women trembling with fear. The men on the other hand felt their blood boil at the war roar, and the instinct to attack was only stopped by the fact that they knew full well that without their weapons they would stand no chance.

When Ava and the other fighters brought the men in a couple of days ago, Marit wasn't able contain her curiosity and in an unguarded moment she sneaked into the armoury to take a closer look at the enemy's equipment. That's why she knew exactly where the men's stuff would be and her face lit up to memory.

She had been staring at the Shri'Traccal's huge boots, coats, and weapon arsenal, for more than an, curiously examining every detail, stud, button, strap and buckle.

"I KNOW WHERE YOUR STUFF IS! COME ON LET'S GO!!" Quickly the young woman ran to the hidden corridor and yanked open the door.

"Come on, hurry up!!" Quickly the five men and Wende followed closely behind and as soon as the last man had pushed through the opening, Marit closed the door and locked it with a steel beam. It wouldn't stop the enemy, but at least it would buy them some time, or so she hoped...

Although the secret hallway was poorly lit, Du'gan, who walked up front, didn't have any problem navigating and avoiding all trash that was lying around. Well at least he was able to avoid it, as were the rest of the men, the women on the other hand...

"SHIT!!" If Mohr'kad hadn't hold her hand, Wende would've been flat on her face that same moment.

Before Gh'ara and Kayla's oldest son poked his head around the corner, Du'gan placed his ear to the cool steel of the door to hear if anyone was on the other side.

And while there was enough sound to be heard, it didn't sound on the same level as the others. Carefully, Du'gan pushed the door ajar and checked that the coast was clear. After making sure none of Latarji's men were nearby, he and the rest of the small group walked through the smoke-filled corridors of the women's residence.