Chapter 2: Team Building

Blood dripped down Kira's nose, as he looked up at Isagi, completely dazed.

Kira: Isagi-kun? What are you doing?

Ayanokouji: (Isagi didn't have that mentality prior. Bachira must have awakened something in him.)

Kira: Wait, what is this? What's happening?

He hasn't accepted his defeat. He was still in the core of denial.

Isagi, sweating and returning to normal, didn't seem to know why he hit the only friend he made during Blue Lock at this point.

Isagi: I'm sorry. It's just... the ball came out of nowhere and...

Kira: Huh? Don't give me that bullshit-

*CLAPPING*

Ego: Diamonds in the rough, only results matter here. LOSERS LOCK OFF. Kira Ryosuke, you are disqualified.

Everyone aside from Kira, stare down at him, like the weak and injured prey he was. His face of sheer shock said it all.

He stood up.

Kira: This is bullshit

Kira: This is bullshit. How is it possible for my future career to lie in tatters... all because of some stupid game?!!!! I'm Japanese soccer's jewel in the crown! You're telling me Igaguri and Isagi-kun are more talented than me?! HUH?!!! Why does this silly game of tag even matter?!!! What does it have to do with soccer?!

Ego scratched his head to comfort himself, listening to the annoying and squawking voice of Kira.

Ego: In Blue Lock, everything has something to do with soccer. Look around you, Mr. Mediocre Elite.

Kira: What?

Ego: The area around you, is the same size as the penalty area. Roughly 75% of all goals are born within these confines. If you can't do your work in this space, you have no talent as a striker.

Ayanokouji: (So running away from the ball in this area is almost like running away from a goal opportunity in real life.)

Kira: S-So what?!! Tag is nothing like soccer!

Ego: If you're the one running away, you need a keen sense of interpersonal space, tactics an positioning. If you're the one doing the chasing, your dribbling and aim must be precise, and the quality of your kicks must be high. Isagi, Ayanokouji, and Kunigami showed just that. Thus, playing tag in this area makes it an excellent soccer training drill, wimp.

Kira: E-Even so, how can you know anything about me in just two minutes?!!! A soccer match is 90 minutes!

Ego: On average, the total amount of time any player spends on the ball in a 90-minute game is about 136 seconds. You wasted the chance that was afforded to all of you equally.