Chapter 46: Golden Teeth

Loki: That's all. Hit the showers. I have your weaknesses here. On the way, pick it up. 

Exhausted, the players sluggishly went over to Loki as he tore off a paper for each, detailing the holes in their game. 

 Rin scrunched it, remembering the final scrimmage game's final goal. 

[]

Charles and Kiyotaka's sudden chemical reaction tandem was enough to obliterate their first team 3-0. Rin did the same against another team 3-1. Their victories didn't satisfy the pair as the final scrimmage match of the day was against each other. 

The score was 2-2. Itoshi Rin scored two on his own with Kiyotaka doing the same. After Karasu picked off Rin's high arching shot prior, 

He and Kiyotaka attacked one another weaving through the rest of the players present like they were nothing. After seeing his first scrimmage match with Charles, Rin wanted to cut off the passing lane towards him. He didn't care for the loss, only that he could stop Kiyotaka from completing another Hatrick. 

Kiyotaka accelerated forward, and then turned around, shoulder blocking Rin. The pass was coming. 

*SMASH*

Charles once again cheered in sheer enjoyment at the circumstances at play. The pass was low, cutting through the feet of three opposing players. It was now inches from Kiyotaka's feet. 

Rin pushed from behind and swerved around... the tip of his foot poking the ball lightly from Kiyotaka's feet. 

*SPLIT*

Instead of controlling the ball in play, and falling prey to Rin's defensive effort, Kiyotaka opened his legs and allowed the ball to pass through. 

Rin: What?

Kiyotaka's eyes gleamed with determination, rings of numbers and letters sifting through his aura. 

He spun around, detaching from Rin like slime.

But Rin wasn't done. He anticipated it slightly, his eyes tracking the ball's direction. 

  *FLICK*

In a move even Rin didn't see, Kiyotaka completed a backheel pass. But, to who?

Karasu: You can't be serious. That's just unfair. When it comes to vision, your unparalleled. 

He understood Charles position in the midfield wouldn't be forever. He was unorthodox you see. So, it'd make sense for such a specimen to pave the way for himself. 

Charles received the quick pass and immediately followed it up with a small lob pass over Kiyotaka's head. 

So as not to go offside, he timed his acceleration until the ball left Charles feet. Rin peered forward, clenching at the air but finding no response. 

Kiyotaka elevated off the ground and headbutted the ball right through the grasp of the Blue Lock man, a goalkeeper who's never recorded a save.

------Team 3 [2] - Team 4 [3]------- 

The ball cleanly rolled through the net; the match concluded. 

[]

Loki handed Kiyotaka his 'homework' but that wasn't all. 

Loki: Come see me in my office.

Kiyotaka: (He makes it sound like I did something wrong and I'm getting detention. I didn't even feel like this when I actually went to school.)