Chapter 14: A Match Made in Hell

Ayanokouji's super goal got them on the board with 1. 

Shido ran back to his side of the field along with Ayanokouji as Raichi and the others were still taken aback from the goal. 

Ayanokouji: Shido, you wanted something fun right? 

Shido: You don't need to say anything else, Kiyo. I'm almost about to burst in anticipation. 

Ayanokouji: Full court press. 

Raichi passed the ball right to Wanima. Using his insurmountable speed, Ayanokouji pressed onto his shoulder and pressured him greatly. 

Raichi: I'm over here. Pass the damn ball!

Wanima did what was asked and sent a pass, but Shido saw right through the play and snatched the short and weak pass. 

Shido smiled. 

Shido: You're in fucking trouble now! It's almost coming! 

Raichi: Get back on defense!

Shido, unexpectedly, sent a pass right to Ayanokouji. 

Gagamaru: The lunatic passed?

Raichi: Huh?!

Shido's eyes glowed a pink aura and looked almost possessed. He sprinted right through Wanima and Gagamaru with sheer ease, already penetrating the penalty box. 

Ayanokouji: Your off-ball movement... is perfect. 

Ayanokouji's golden aura erupted and he smashed the ball at full power, sending what seemed to be a shot rather than a pass into the penalty area. 

It swerved uncontrollably through the feet of Raichi and right to the air above Shido. 

Shido: Would you look at that?

In one motion,  he leapt off the ground in what looked to be slow motion, and contorted his body to hit a diving volley shot that soured into the right-most corner of the goal. 

Shido: It's fucking perfect!

***Team White [2] - Team Red [2]***

Igarashi: GOALLLL!!!! Let's go! We're tied! 

Shido stood in place and extended his hands. 

Shido: Ah... keep the dopamine rush coming. This goal felt really... special. 

Ayanokouji: What are you talking about? If you're going to get sentimental on a single goal, I'll stop passing so you'll relish in that one moment. We have 3 more goals to go. 

Shido: ...Just a second...

Ayanokouji sighed. 

Ayanokouji: Igarashi, keep doing what you're doing