Chapter 42.6: Blissful Leasure

To say Kiyotaka was wasted from the previous night's events would be an understatement. It all was so chaotic, the memories of their first night together out of Blue Lock were still incredibly fuzzy.

 After they departed from Blue Lock, allowing them two weeks of freedom, Shido led Ayanokouji back to his small apartment in Tokyo.

There were no pictures aside from Shido's own and the place was surprisingly well-kept, much to Kiyotaka's utter shock.

Grabbing a couple of items and a wad of cold cash, Shido put his arm around Kiyotaka as the two left his apartment and went shopping for the night. 

 The pair roamed the streets of Tokyo as Kiyotaka saw, for the first time, actual civilization aside from the confines of the White Room and ANHS. 

In a couple of the shops, some of the shop owners recognized the pair from the U-20 match and gave them discounts on their purchases, incentivizing more spending. Eventually, it was midnight and the two had almost a dozen bags filled to the brim with clothes, shoes, electronics and essentials. 

It was too much to the point of over encumbrance. 

Shido: You need a hand, Kiyo?

Kiyotaka: You don't have a hand to give. We need to call a cab. The last train left a while ago. 

Shido: Aii, give me a sec~

Finding a bench to rest at, the pair put down all their purchases as Kiyotaka fetched inside one of his bags and took out a Pochita cap, putting it on. 

Shido: HAHAHA!!! You look so ridiculous!!!

Kiyotaka: You're the one who bought it for me. I know your favorite manga is chainsaw man but I don't know much else. 

Shido smiled. 

Shido: And that's why you're gonna read through my collection. It's a pretty chaotic series so it'll be perfect for you. 

Kiyotaka: Might as well give it a try if you think it's all that. 

*RING*

Shido called a cab as Kiyotaka kept sifting through their new clothes as he couldn't help but enjoy just the small little things of hanging out with friends. He did the same at school the past two years, but it couldn't compare to the real thing, with a person he actually felt comfortable spending time with.

As the pair waited for a cab, a group of university girls and boys noticed them.  

???: Ah, no way! Ayanokouji Kiyotaka! Ryusei Shido!

Kiyotaka and Shido: Hm? 

Ecstatic at seeing the Man of the Match and Hatrick Super Sub, they excitingly asked for photos in the midst of their boyfriends. 

Kiyotaka: Sure, I don't mind. 

Shido: As long as you're fine with-it Kiyo

Girl #1: Thank you! Hey, Kenji! Take our pic!

Kenji: What's so good about soccer? They're just highschoolers. 

Girl #2: You're just jealous they're famous. Come on, Ryoga-senpai. Take my pic too. 

With their boyfriends grumbling in annoyance at being upstaged by two highschoolers, they took their girlfriend's pictures with Ayanokouji and Shido posing. 

Girl #1: Ah! I'm gonna cherish this one! Thank you Kiyotaka!

Girl #2: Thank you Shido! We'll be watching you both in the U-20 World Cup!