Chapter 21: Stepping into the World Level

In their five person formations, Kiyotaka's team and the world five were ready for the match to begin. Since they were pro level players, the Blue Lockers were allowed to kickoff the game. 

Kiyotaka, after his long training session with Shido in the night, looked over to him as the too locked eyes. 

Kiyotaka: As soon as we kickoff, everyone is going to rush the opposing field. We're going to catch them off-guard. They don't think much of us so we have to make them think we're something. If anything, the other three will be good distractions.  

And with this, Kiyotaka passed to Shido who passed right back to him to commence their final match. 

Kiyotaka scanned the field and saw that, aside from Loki, the others didn't really want to put forth their best effort. However...

Kiyotaka: (Seeing Loki's face already proved to me that he has no shred of nervousness about the match. It's almost as if the result of this match is a forgone conclusion.)

Instead of covering Igarashi, Aryu, and Raichi, Pablo Cavasos, Leonardo Luna, and Adam Blake pushed forward to Kiyotaka. 

Kiyotaka: (So they've seen our footage and knew the only real threats on this team would be myself and Shido.)

Pablo: Let's see how good your dribbling is-

Kiyotaka: There's no need. 

Pinpointing Shido, he saw him enter the penalty area, heavily guarded by Dada Silva. 

Dada Silva: Ya think you're getting past me with that lanky body of yours?

Shido: Get out of my face, troll. It's almost there...

Loki sped towards Shido. 

Loki: What's there?

Shido smiled. 

Shido: My explosion!

As if it was almost through reflex, Kiyotaka kicked the ball from the half court line with his full power. It soared into the air at an insane curve, right towards the penalty area. Once it crossed into it, Shido automatically knew where it would drop. 

It was exactly where he wanted it. 

Shido's eyes weren't even on the ball since he didn't need them to be. His ability was penalty area perfection. As long as he's in the penalty area, with his extreme spatial awareness, he can track the soccer ball in any place inside. 

On pure reflex, he glided off the ground and right past Dada Silva's grip and before Loki could catch up to him. 

Shido: Genius... you're passes are getting better!

*SMASH*

In an acrobatic volley, Shido shot the ball through the Blue Lock man's hands and into the net for the first goal of the match. 

Blue Lock [1] - World Five [0]

Raichi, Aryu, and Igarashi saw firsthand, their team scoring against the World Five. 

Aryu: (Is it just me or is their combination getting a lot quicker?)

Right from the middle of the field, Kiyotaka felt their chemical reaction and his body turned this feeling into excitement. Small droplets of blood dripped down his eyes. 

Pablo: (Ew, that must be what we saw from his last match.)

Leonardo Luna: (Hm? Does he bleed from his eyes when he gets excited? I think he should see a doctor.)