Chapter 42.5: The Future of Japanese Football

Malefriend#1: Ah fuck, what a game!

Malefriend#2: Your friend took the game over, period! I've got goosebumps... literal goosebumps!

Femalefriend#1: You've got to give me his number. He's a total babe! 

Malefriend#1: Isn't he with that Shido guy?

Seeing his friends hype themselves for the beginning of this new era of Japanese football, Manabu quietly smiled seeing Kiyotaka leaving the pitch in Shido's arms. 

Manabu: (Congrats on your victory, Kiyotaka. It might not have ended as you thought it would, but you'll grow from this. Someone that passionate about what they do will never stop improving. Good luck. Thanks to you, today wasn't so boring. I'll be keeping up on your journey.)

Once the game came to a close, everyone left aside from Manabu and his roommate. As he was about to go to sleep, however, he just had to give him another request. 

Malefriend#1: Ah shit, look how late it is! Manabu, let me copy your homework!

Manabu: No, do it yourself. 

???: But your homework is so neat and you've got the best grades out of all of us, especially in that annoying bartering class. 

Manabu: Why'd you take the class if you found it annoying?

???: Cuz I thought it'd be a blast to become one of those sports agents. But it's just too much work. I don't even have as much charisma as you when it comes to our group assignments. And what's worse? You aren't even interested. You just took it to meet the core requirements.  

Manabu peered over at the screen, showing the highlights of the match as broadcasters across the nation gave their insights on Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the man of the match. 

His solo goal, cutting through the entire U-20 squad, remained in repeat. 

Manabu: Maybe I'm a bit interested. If only a little. 

...

...

...

Inside their locker room, the glorious and victorious Blue Lock eleven celebrated their win and changed into different clothes.

Shido, having left all of his stuff in the U-20 locker-room, rushed over to reclaim his possessions. 

Nanase: Holy crap! Kiyotaka and Isagi! Your interviews were so cool!

Raichi: You both are too full of yourselves! That was out of nowhere!

Bachira: Hm? Isn't it fine? They were the heroes of the game.

Bachira and Otoya were shirtless and running around the Lockeroom.

Reo: Good job Kiyotaka. You really saved us.

Kiyotaka: Your defense was exceptional as well. I couldn't have shut down Sae's and Shido's chemical reaction without your help.

Igarashi: WE ARE BLUE LOCK!!!! WE ARE THE NEW STARS!!! WE'RE GONNA BE THE U-20 TEAM NOW!!!!!!

Raichi: Why are you celebrating so much? You didn't even get to play. 

Baro walked through and passed by Kiyotaka, who took off his shirt drenched in sweat and covered his shoulders with a towel. 

Kiyotaka: You did your part well, king. 

Baro: Fuck off. You better watch yourself. You won't be holding the spotlight forever.