Chapter 32: Training Camp

Dribbling through multiple yellow dummy stands and stopping on a dime, Ayanokouji smashed the ball, swerving it past the hands of Gagamaru and in the top right corner. 

Gagamaru: I was close.

Kiyotaka: Your reaction times are getting better. Focus more on your positioning. You have more than enough physical prowess to cover the penalty box. 

Gagamaru: Again. 

Ayanokouji continued to train with Gagamaru in regard to his shots, both as a way to better his starting goalkeeper, and also as a way to improve his own shooting. These training sessions have been rigorous, all for the purpose of conditioning and teamwork. 

While the given training periods concluded by seven every day, Ayanokouji didn't falter and his motivation to improve inspired the likes of Gagamaru who joined him, willing to learn as well. 

Isagi, Bachira, and Chigiri rested on the sidelines for a couple of minutes, conversating with one another as they saw Ayanokouji continue to practice right in front of them. 

Isagi: He hasn't been the same since Shido left. 

Bachira: I'd be worried if he was the same. Separating from Shido is like if you were kicked out of Blue Lock, Isagi

Chigiri: Kiyotaka knows better than to dwell on emotions. That's why he's working as hard as he is. We need his strength if we're going to win this match. 

Isagi: Amen to that. 

Chigiri, holding a tablet, was also looking at the type of defense the U-20 was going to potentially run. 

Chigiri: Alright, so look over here guys. 

Isagi and Bachira sluggishly looked down at Chigiri's tablet. 

Isagi: So these are the players that make up their defense. 

Chigiri: According to Ego's info... there's a huge 19-year-old defender who's already got an offer to play for a Serie-A team. The entire team actually seems to be centered around this guy, Aiku. Their focus is on a strong defense and quick counters. 

Isagi: A defensive team, huh? We're finally going up against world-class defenders. 

Bachira: Big deal, we just gotta break through them. 

Chigiri: Well, yeah. But still, they're an elite team made of the best under 20 players in all of Japan. And we're an offense-oriented team so by no means is this gonna be an easy matchup. 

 Kiyotaka completed a Cruyff spin and flicked the soccer ball in between the legs of Gagamaru. 

Gagamaru: Oof...

Kiyotaka: (The team we have now is decent enough to compete. Although, I don't know anything about the white room student that is going to play for the other side. He might be inexperienced, but he shouldn't be discredited. There's their defense, the Iron Quartet and finally, Shido and Sae. Worst comes to worst, that pair is my top priority. There's no telling what kind of chaos they can do against our defense.)

He finished his shooting reps and wrapped a towel around his neck, cleaning off the sweat he'd been accumulating. 

Physically, his body has never been this developed and conditioned, not even during his time in the white room. The constant training, need for improvement, and diet were responsible for this. 

As Kiyotaka was walking out, he overheard Isagi's conversation with Chigiri and Bachira.  

Isagi: What tactic can we use to get past their vaunted defense?