Chapter 26: Analytical Duo

It was time for the first match. 

On the screen, the groups A, B, and C, were finalized. Players who were not in the top 6 voted on which team they wished to join and Nagi, being the number seven player, had to choose twice. 

While the top six played in every single game, and the number seven played in two, the other 28 players had only a single chance to show off their skills. 

The goal was simple: who could mesh perfectly together with the top six?

The first match was group A vs group B. 

Kiyotaka and Karasu waited on one side of the pitch while the other side had Rin and Shido who continued to bicker with one another. 

Eventually, the four were joined by the rest of their teams. The matches would be 5v5 just like the second selection with the winning score being 5 goals. 

///

 The teams are: 

            Team A - Shido, Rin, Tokimitsu, Igarashi, and Nanase.

            Team B -  Kiyotaka, Karasu, Raichi, Shiguma, and Gagamaru. 

///

Kiyotaka: Oh, Raichi and Gagamaru. 

Raichi: It's good to work with what I know. 

Gagamaru: You beat me so it only makes sense. 

Shiguma:

Shiguma: ...

Kiyotaka: Ok. 

Karasu crept alongside Kiyotaka and whispered in his ear. 

Karasu: So what devious plan you got cooked up for this match?

Kiyotaka: Would it be any fun if I told you?

Karasu: Hm?

Kiyotaka: Follow my lead and find out how my mind works yourself. If you really do think like me, you'll figure it out. 

Karasu smiled. 

Karasu: Fine by me. 

Raichi: How are we lining up?

Kiyotaka: Karasu and me up top, the rest on defense. If I decide to include you, be ready. 

On the other side, Igarashi eyed Kiyotaka. 

Igarashi: I'm gonna show you. I'll be in that starting eleven in no time. 

Rin: Just follow my lead, antenna fuck. 

Shido: Why should I follow the number two who's a salty loser? 

Shido and Rin were in the attack while Igarashi, Tokimitsu and Nanase were in the back.