Chapter 4

"What do you mean?" Lord Farquaad asked, curious.

"She..." Snuffle looked down at the table, "She found out what we did."

"How? Were you that idiotic to leave-" Lord Farquaad got cut off by Snuffle.

"OF COURSE I WAS! WE HAD MEMORIES!" Snuffle shouted, whipping his head up to glare at Lord Farquaad.

Lord Farquaad met his glare with an icy stare, "You were foolish."

Snuffle's got out of the chair, he was still shorter then Lord Farquaad after all the years, "Maybe I was foolish but you were my friend Max. Is it that bad that I wanted to cherish the memories we had?"

"You don't need friends, I don't need friends. They're a waste of time."

"All of our memories...They meant nothing to you?" Lord Farquaad's gut twisted uncomfortably, but he answered honestly.

"No. I couldn't care less."

Snuffle went silent, something changed in his body language, "Get out."

"Snuffle? What-"

"YOU HEARD ME! GET OUT" Snuffle's shouted, grabbing the bottle on the table and throwing it at Lord Farquaad.

Lord Farquaad dodged impulsively, but as the bottle hit the wall, it shattered and a piece managed to cut into his cheek. All Lord Farquaad could do was stand in shock.

Snuffle seemed to be shocked at his actions as well but turned away, "Get out Maximus."

"Snuff-" Whatever Lord Farquaad was going to say was stopped, as he closed his mouth and nodded.

He gently opened the front door and walked out, blood dripping from his face.

Snuffle was now alone, lost his only...the only person that would've stayed with him.

Lord Farquaad was now alone, the kingdom hated him.

They...were both alone.