Chapter 15

It was pointless to try to be anything more, Snuffles knew that Farquaad wouldn't want that. Not with him.

"I'm sorry I don't remember you then." Farquaad said.

"It's okay, what do you remember?" Snuffles asked, curiously.

"Nothing..."

"Oh."

They went silent before Peppa spoke up, "Hi I'm Peppa! And this is my brother Georgie!" She said excitedly.

"Apparently my name is Maximus Farquaad, it's nice to meet you." Farquaad said softly.

Snuffles was surprised at how soft Farquaad's voice was, it was something he never heard before. It sounded so... delicate.

As the four talked, Snuffles missed the old Farquaad, the one who looked at him in distaste, the one who didn't care, the one who was himself. His heart yearned for the old Farquaad because this, this wasn't him.

There was something beautiful in Farquaad's hate, something that Snuffles could never find anywhere else. He missed it. Sure, it did hurt but it was their type of love.

Soon, Georgie, Peppa, and Snuffles had to leave. Snuffles couldn't help but look one last time at Farquaad, who gave him a small smile.

With a sigh, Snuffles turned back to leave. Tears brimmed his eyes and then he remembered, the good memories they shared. Way back when they were in a gang. The way Farquaad would tell him "Good Job!", he wished for those memories to happen once more.