Chapter 14

"Peppa! Georgie! Hurry." Snuffles shouted, shoving clothes on as he rushed to get ready. The house was a mess as the three hurriedly got ready. Snuffles quickly tied Peppa's and Georgie's shoes before the trio rushed to the car.

Snuffles barley followed the law as he drove to the hospital. He got a call earlier about Farquaad waking up, and he was nervous, excited, worried. A mix of emotions.

Peppa seemed anxious as well, and Georgie was confused. They reached the hospital and Snuffles quickly told the attendant who led them to Farquaads room.

Snuffles was a bundle of nerves as he opened the door to see Farquaad. He looked tired, as he sat up on the bed.

"Max, you're awake." Snuffles mumbled relieved.

"Who are you?"

Snuffles felt his heart break as his friend stared at him in confusion...

"Max it's me- Snuffles." He said desperately.

Farquaad shrugged, "The kids?"

Snuffles felt his heart break even more, "Georgie and Peppa- you don't remember..?"

"No."

Snuffles felt his heart shatter, as he mumbled a quiet oh.

"Hey it's fine, at least i'm awake."

"Yeah..."

Snuffles didn't know what to say... and oh...oh.

They would never be the same...yet, Snuffles realized this was his chance. To be with Farquaad, to be his partner.

His heart yearned for it.

He desperately wanted it.

"Who are you again? I mean...what did you mean to me?" Farquaad asked.

Snuffles opened his mouth to speak, before closing it. He wasn't going to lie, he desperately wanted to but he couldn't. Not to him.

"I'm just a close friend." He said.

Yeah, just a friend.