Chapter 20

The creature laughed, it was a horrifying sound that terrified Snuffles. "Your body will slowly start dying, you'll have a month at most left."

Snuffles flinched, "My life for his memories?"

The creature nodded, "But why..? He won't survive without me...Surely you know that?"

"You mortal creatures are so interesting..." The creature mused, "Do we have a deal?"

Snuffles frowned, it would be worth it in the end...he would have Farquaad back for a month...He should do it.

But...what would happen to Farquaad without him? What would happen to his kids? Was it really worth it..?

Yeah. Yeah it was.

Snuffles let out a breath he was holding, "Deal."

As the two shook on it, Snuffles vision went white, and he slowly opened his eyes...

<><><>

Farquaad watched anxiously as Snuffles body twitched, he didn't know what was going on...what was happening to Snuffles. He perked up as Snuffles let out a groan, and slowly opened his eyes.

Farquaad rushed over to him and gently helped him up, "Farquaad...? Did it work?" Snuffles groaned out.

"Did what work?" Farquaad asked, his brows furrowed in confusion before he gripped his head in pain as an assault of memories flooded his brain. "Owww." He complained before he realized.

"SNUFFLES YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU DO A DEMONIC RITUAL?!"

Snuffles let out a relived laugh, not caring that he was getting yelled at, "Max I missed you." He said, hugging Farquaad tightly.

Farquaad went lax in shock, before he blushed, "I m-missed you too..." He stammered out.

And without any thought, he kissed Snuffles deeply.