Chapter 13

Farquaad been asleep for weeks, no signs of waking up. Snuffles been visiting him every day while taking care of his kids. After the first week, Snuffles took Georgie and Peppa to meet Farquaad.

Though, it wasn't really meeting if one of the people were asleep. Snuffles didn't know how to answer the questions of why Farquaad was unconscious, he just said that he was in a deep sleep.

Peppa knew better, she seemed skittish around him, and her gaze scanned for every exit in the room, an escape plan. But Snuffles didn't know why, nor did he know how to help her.

Though the strangest thing would be the fact that Peppa's eyes didn't leave Farquaad when they went to visit. Usually her gaze would go around the room, but she just silently stared.

It was...worrying. Yet, Snuffles let her be. He was going to be a good person, a good father. He regretted his actions but there was nothing he could do now that Rachel was dead, along with Shrek and Fiona.

Snuffles just hoped that Farquaad would wake up soon...and then they could go out to a nice restaurant, and have a nice talk...

Like a date.........

Snuffles shook his head, that thought was ridiculous, he didn't love Farquaad. Even if he did, Farquaad wouldn't like him back. He was a human for gods sake.

A amazing human.

A brilliant human.

A wonderful human.

No. Snuffles wouldn't let these thoughts continue. They were strictly business partners.

<><><>

Farquaad was bored, he didn't know how much time has passed since he was in this void, but it was so boring. He tried to make things up with his mind, yet it didn't work.

It was so...lifeless.

He looked back at the bright door, tempted to go to it. He didn't know where it led, perhaps to death.

Or was he dead already?

Certainly, that door couldn't lead to heaven. Farquaad knew that he wouldn't go there, after everything he did. Yet, it seemed way to bright to lead to the real world.

Farquaad didn't know how much longer he could spend here, he was starting to remember things he would rather not. He was so bored.

So, with a brave face, Farquaad went over to the door.

He squinted his eyes at how bright it was, before closing them as he walked in...