Chapter 4: Hogsmeade Weekend

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
Marlene woke me, Mary and Lily up at 7am on the Saturday we were going to Hogsmeade. Considering we went to bed at 11pm, and I had spent some time in the Astronomy Tower, it was safe to say I was wrecked. "Let us sleep." I mumbled. "But its Hogsmeade." Marlene whined. "We can go at any time." Lily reminded her sleepily. "Exactly. We need to go as soon as possible so we can spend the whole day together." Marlene said and proceded to drag Mary out of bed.  An hour later, we were all awake and dressed, and on our way to get breakfast in the Great Hall. The Marauders were just coming out of the Hall when we went in. I stayed back to talk to them while the girls went to go get breakfast. "Are you excited for Hogsmeade?" James asked. "Very! Me and the girls are spending the whole day there." I told him. He nodded and the Marauders left, so I went to go get breakfast. Then, we went to Hogsmeade.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
After Y/N left, I stayed at the Astronomy Tower for another hour before going back to my dorm. I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to read a book. Long story short, I basically pulled an all-nighter. "You look horrible, mate." Evan Rosier told me. "Thanks." I told him sarcastically, grabbing a piece of toast. "Are you still coming to Hogsmeade?" He asked me. "Only for a short while. Then I'll go have a nap. I didn't get any sleep last night." I told my only friend truthfully. Evan nodded, taking a sip of coffee.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
First we went to Honeydukes and I got a few sweets. Then we went to a few other shops and then we went to The Three Broomsticks. This was actually my first time trying butterbeer, and it was love at first taste. "Girls." I drew their attention to myself. "Do you know anything about Regulus Black?" I asked, biting my lip. I was curious about him, having only met him last night. "Only that he's Sirius's brother." Lily said, wiping her lips. "Why?" Mary asked. "Maybe she fancies him." Alice jumped in. "I don't even know the guy!" I exclaimed. "You can fancy someone without knowing them." Dorcas said knowledgeably. I groaned, regretting mentioning it. "Ooh look, there he is!" Marlene said, pointing to the door. Sure enough, Regulus and a boy I assumed was his friend had just walked in. "Time to leave!" I said, and dragged my friends out the door.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
Me and Evan entered the Three Broomsticks to grab a butterbeer. We had barely been there when a girl I recognised as Y/N dragged her friends out of the pub. At least, I assumed they were her friends, as she was hanging out with them.
"You know." Evan said as we sat down with our butterbeers. "You should start thinking about who you're going to marry." I choked on my butterbeer. "Already?!" I exclaimed. "We're only in 5th year." I said. "I know." Evan said with distate. "My mother told me to start eyeing the Slytherin girls." I frowned. I didn't really agree with my parents morals, but I had to pretend to because, truthfully, I was way more of a coward than my brother.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
That night I couldn't sleep again. Regulus wasn't up at the tower when I went. It was a full moon and the stars were shining bright. I studied them, trying to find the constellations. I was no good at Astronomy though. "Couldn't sleep again?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned and found Regulus walking towards me. He sat next to me. I shook my head. "Me neither." Regulus said quietly. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I didn't even know him. So I stayed silent. We just sat there in a comfortable silence, together, yet alone with our thoughts.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
Truthfully, I liked spending time with Y/N. Yes, we had only spent time together on two occasions, including this one, but I enjoyed it. We just sat in silence. She didn't require me to talk, but I felt like she'd listen if I wanted to. I didn't though, not yet. I worried about my brother, about how he had left me. I worried about my future responsibilities, and I worried about marriage. I never liked the thought of arranged marriage, but I figured I'd be able to find a pureblood girl I liked. It didn't seem like I had the luxury of time though,and the girls I was currently surrounded by didn't look promising. I don't know how long we sat there together, but at a certain point, Y/N got up to leave. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight." she said. "Goodnight." I answered her. "Oh, and Regulus?" she asked when she was by the door. "Try and get some sleep. You need it." she told me, before walking off. I sat there stunned for a minute. Then, I came to my senses and decided to try going to sleep.

This chapter was a bit shorter, I think. It definitely felt shorter to write. As you can tell, Regulus and Y/N are slowly warming up to one another, emphasis on slowly.

Forever (a Regulus Black story) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara