Chapter 12; Death Eater

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
As I boarded the train for my seventh year, I felt a twinge of sadness. After this year, Reg would be coming back for his seventh year, and I'd be separated from him for way longer than two months. Assuming we were still together then, but I had high hopes. I sat in a compartment with the Marauders and the girls, as Lily admitted over the summer break that she liked James. I had been ecstatic. I saw Regulus pass our compartment looking worried and I frowned. Then he doubled back and knocked. I motioned for him to come in. "I need to talk to you." He said. I nodded and left the compartment. He was stunning, from his sharp features that contrasted with his neat but fluffy hair to his gentle grey eyes. "Are you ok?" I asked him. "I'll explain in a second." He said, looking around. Then, he pulled me into an empty compartment. "What's wrong?" I asked, noticing the tears filling his eyes. "Don't hate me.." he whispered and pulled up his sleeve. The death eater mark was there, wriggling and stark black against his pale skin. Tears filled my eyes too. "Oh Reg..." I said, and pulled him into a hug. "I-I wanted to tell you sooner-" I cut him off by kissing his lips. All the tension melted out of him as he kissed back. Then I pulled away. "I take it you don't hate me?" Reg asked, still a bit nervous. "I could never hate you, Regulus Black." I said. And as I said that, I felt it with all my body that it was true. But I also felt that something bad was coming. Really bad. But I pushed that feeling down, because right now, I wanted to focus on my N.E.W.T.S, on Regulus and on my friends. After catching up with Regulus for about an hour, I went back to my Gryffindor friends. "What did he want?" James asked. "Just to catch up." I half-lied. "He's not a death-eater....right?" Sirius asked worriedly. I hesitated before answering. "No." Luckily, no one noticed that I had hesitated.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
After talking with Y/N, I felt considerably happier than when I had boarded the train an hour and a half go. I went back to Evan and I's compartment. "So, how'd it go?" Evan asked, leaning forward to study me. "She took it well." I smiled. Evan smiled too. Then his face fell. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I'm.....betrothed." He said. "Oh my god, really?" I said, feeling bad for my best friend. "Yeah....a seventh year called Rosalia Gaunt." Evan said. My eyes widened. "Gaunt?" I repeated incredulously. Evan nodded nervously. "Wow your parents must have been lucky to score such a family." I said, and Evan nodded. "So, is she pretty?" I asked. Evan hesitated. "She's not ugly....but she's no- actually, never mind. It's done now." He said the last part sadly and looked down. "Come on, you can still tell me." I told him. "Well....she's no Angelina. I tried to convince my parents - she's a pureblood and all - but they disagreed because she's a Ravenclaw." He answered bitterly. "What about you?" I sighed, rubbing the arm with the Mark on it. "My parents said one thing at a time. And they thought being a Death-eater was more important." I spat. "What are you going to do?" Evan asked. "About Y/N?" I asked and he nodded. "I....Well, we haven't talked about it yet...but I want to tell my mum she's a L/N, because it would definitely cancel out the fact she's a Gryffindor. And her father might agree to 'fix' his daughter's reputation before revealing her." I winced as I said that. "I hope it'll work out for you two man, I really do." Evan said patting my shoulder.

Sorry about the incredibly short chapter but I'm not great with the back to school thing.