Chapter 14: Horcruxes

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
Soon enough, the end of 7th year came by. I was filled with sadness when we boarded the train for the last time. I sat with my friends and studied each of them. James, still with messy hair and round glasses. Remus, with his nose in a book. Sirius, telling jokes to Marlene. Peter, eating sweets in the corner. Lily, with her flaming red hair and bright green eyes, sitting on James's lap with the biggest smile on her face. Marlene, laughing heartily at Sirius. Dorcas, taking pictures on the muggle camera of hers. And at the empty spot where Alice sat before she graduated. I was suddenly overcome with the need to see Regulus and just cry. "I'm going to see Regulus." I said and got up. "I'm going to see Andrew." Dorcas said and followed me. Andrew was Dorcas's Hufflepuff boyfriend. I found Regulus in a compartment with Evan and I knocked. They both motioned for me to come in. As soon as I came in, I knew that Regulus noticed something was wrong. I could hide my emotions perfectly from everyone except him. "I'm going to the bathroom." Evan said and got up. Regulus patted the empty spot next to him and I sat down, putting my head on his shoulder. He took one of my hands in his and played with our fingers. "What's wrong?" He asked. And then I broke down. Through the sobs I told him how I'd miss him, and my friends, and Hogwarts. I buried my head in his shoulder and he stroked my hair, telling me everything was going to be ok.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
As I comforted Y/N, I realised that I couldn't tell her what I had discovered. Not when she was so upset. I'd tell her over the summer.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
A week into the summer holidays, Regulus came over to my house. Before bed that night, he sat me down and told me he had to tell me something. "What is it?" I asked. "I.....I discovered something while we were at school. About the Dark Lord." He admitted. "Ok..." I said slowly. "He made seven horcuxes. And if we don't destroy them, we can't kill him." He explained. "Oh god. That's bad. We have to tell Dumbledore." I said. "I agree. But....I already know where one is. And I want to get it myself. Leave a little note for him." Regulus said. "But it's dangerous." I said. "I know. I'll make a plan soon." He said and I nodded.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
I flooed to Y/N's house the night I had to go get the horcrux, Kreacher with me. "I'm leaving soon." I whispered into her ear. Her eyes were glassy with tears. "Stay safe." She said, her voice breaking. I hesitated. "I'll try." I said finally. She swallowed hard. I took my black ring with snake designs on it and gave it to her. "Just in case." I whispered. She let out a strangled sob as she took it from me and put it on her finger. Then she pulled me into a tight hug and I hugged her back, burying my head in her hair, breathing in her scent.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
It was midnight. Regulus had been gone for 5 hours at this point. I kept thinking he was coming, and then he wasn't. I was so worried I felt like vomiting. Why didn't I go with him? I couldn't stop myself from thinking: what if he died? Suddenly, green floo fire appeared in the fireplace. Regulus stepped out of the fire. Dishevelled, dirty and wet, but it was still Regulus. Not caring about anything, I ran over to him and pulled him into a tight hug, and we both stood there, crying. Then we sat down on the couch. "What happened?" I asked him. "There's were inferi....they almost drowned me....I thought I wouldn't get back to you." He said, shaking. I hugged him tight. "At least we're together." I said. He smiled. "Forever."

Omgomgomg I can't believe the book is over! I hope you guys liked it but isn't this chapter just so cute? Anyway I'm going to be writing a Tom Riddle x reader fanfic it's called I'll Never Forget You so pls go read it.