Chapter 13: Betrothed

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
It was almost Christmas, and I was sitting at the Gryffindor table with my friends. They were all going home to their families this Christmas, but Reg and I were staying. "I can't believe you guys are leaving me." I said with a fake pout. "We'll right loads." Lily promised. "I wouldn't expect any less." I said. Then the post came in, and I spotted my father's black owl, Destiny, among them. She dropped the envelope in my hands and flew away gracefully. It was a heavy black envelope with a green wax seal with our family crest. I was about to open it, when I realised big red writing, saying OPEN IN PRIVATE. I stuffed it into my bag for later. "What's that?" Sirius asked. I shrugged.

After breakfast, I said goodbye to my friends and ran up to my dorm. It was strange seeing it so empty. I opened the letter and read it.

𝓣𝓸 𝓨/𝓝
𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓭. 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮. 𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸 𝓷𝓸𝓽, 𝓘 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾.
𝓢𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓵𝔂,
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓛/𝓝

Y/N's mind jumped straight to Regulus. She needed to find him and talk to him about it. This was their chance. They could be together, and not be worried about their parents.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
Evan and Y/N were both staying at Hogwarts for Christmas Break. All of Y/N's other friends were going home, so I'd have her all to myself. And Evan, of course. At breakfast, our family owl delivered a letter for me. I saw Y/N get one too, but she didn't read it right away. I ripped mine open as soon as I got it, hands shaking. It read:

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓡𝓮𝓰𝓾𝓵𝓾𝓼,
𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂. 𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓓𝓾𝓻𝓶𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰. 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻.
𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

My heart jumped. I couldn't. What about Y/N? I had to talk to her, to see if I could reveal her surname to my mum. When I looked up though, I saw Y/N was gone from her table. I got up and went to look for her, leaving a confused Evan behind.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
I raced to the Slytherin Common Room. As I stood in front of the door, I realised I didn't know the password. I paced in front of the Common Room, thinking hard. Then, I saw Evan walking down the corridor. "Evan! Thank god!" I exclaimed, running over to him. "Can you let me into the Slytherin Common Room?" I asked. "Uhh....sure....but why?" Evan asked. "I need to talk to Regulus." I said. "He's not there. He went to look for you." Evan answered. I groaned. "Any idea where he's gone?" I asked. "Library?" Evan suggested. I laughed. "Sure, I'll check." I said and left. I eventually found Regulus outside the Gryffindor Common Room. "I need to talk to you." We both said at the same time, but while I was excited, Reg sounded nervous. "Uh...come to my dormitory." I said and muttered the password. I led him up to my dormitory and shut the door. "Ok, who's going first?" I said, sitting down on my bed. Reg sat too. "Can I go? This is important." He said. "Of course." I said. "So....my mum sent me a letter today....and she said she found someone for me to marry." He said swallowing hard and stopping to let me digest this. I felt my eyes fill up with tears. "But...what about us?" I asked, my voice weak. "I was thinking....maybe I could tell my mum about us....and your last name..." he trailed off.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
Y/N brightened instantly. "Yes! In fact, my father said if I find someone good I can pick." She said. I smiled brightly and kissed her. "Let's go write to our parents." She said. I wrote;

Dear Mother,
I have something to confess. I am actually dating a pure blood girl. Her name is Y/N L/N, Draven L/N's daughter. Please consider this.
R.A.B

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
I wrote a quick letter to my father. I won't say I was proud of my handwriting, cause it was really messy, but I didn't care. I just wanted to send the letter to my dad. I wrote:

Father,
I am actually dating a boy, and I would like you to consider him. His name is Regulus Black.
Y/N L/N

Over the next few days, me and Reg spent a lot of time with each other, catching up, kissing, going on dates to Hogsmeade....well you get the idea. I also spent a lot of time with Evan, and got to know him better. Me and Evan were playing wizards chess while Regulus lay with his head in my lap when a first year Slytherin with brown hair came over to us. "I-I have letters for M-Mr Black and Miss Y/N." She stuttered, handing each one of us a letter. We thanked her and she left. "Are those the replies from your parents?" Evan asked. "Probably." I said as we ripped them open. "You read yours first." Reg told me. I opened the letter and read it aloud.

Dear Y/N
You have made me proud with your choice. The Black family is respectable and would do us lots of good. I approve. Your mother does too. I have already owled Walburga, she sent her reply to Regulus. If she agrees, consider yourselves betrothed.
Draven L/N

"Did you hear that Reg? My dad's proud!" I said, eyes shining. He smiled at me, about a million emotions in themat smile. Relief, pride, happiness, nervousness.... "Ok, its my turn now." Reg said and took his letter out with a deep breath. "Dear Regulus, Draven has also owled me about you and Y/N being betrothed and I have to say, even though I did not know Draven had a daughter, I approve. Mother." He read out. I squealed happily. Regulus pulled me in for a kiss. "I actually have something for you." Reg said sheepishly. "I got it in case our parents said yes...at the last Hogsmeade trip." He said, taking put a small, black velvet box. I opened it. Inside, was the prettiest ring I had ever seen. It had a gold band with fancy, swirly designs and a diamond in the centre. "I love it." I said, sliding it onto my finger and giving Reg a hug.

Ahhhh next chapter is the last chapter I can't believe it. The next one will be an emotional rollercoaster, so prepare for it. Also, it will be three different snippets rather than a concrete and connected chapter like these ones. Hope you enjoy!