Chapter 7: Friends?

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
The rest of November and the beginning of December flew by. Me and Y/N met often at the Astronomy Tower and talked. I found myself waking up with a feeling of dread in my stomach the day before Christmas break. We didn't have any classes as it was a Saturday. "Excited to go home?" Evan asked me at breakfast. "Very." I lied and put a fake smile on my lips. "Me too." Evan sighed happily, and I got the feeling he wasn't faking it. Evan was a good friend to have, but he believed in blood supremacy. I had to put up with that though, he was my only friend, except for Y/N. Well, maybe. I still wasn't sure if we were friends or not. We didn't see each other or talk around the castle, only on sleepless nights in the Astronomy Tower. I made a mental note to ask her about it, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it. "Hey Regulus." Evan said, snapping his fingers in front of my face. "What?" I said, shaking my head to snap out of my semi-conscious state. "You zoned out man." Evan told me. "Oh, sorry." I said. "It's alright. Happens to the best of us." Evan laughed, clapping me on the back. I managed a small, genuine smile. "I think I'm going to go to the library." I told Evan. "Why?" he asked. "I figure it would be a good idea to try do as much homework as possible before the break." I said. "Good idea, I'll come with." Evan said. We went to our dorm to get our books, and then we went to the library. We did homework until lunchtime. "Shoot! We're going to be late for lunch!" I said. Evan looked at the clock. "You're right!" and we rushed off to the Great Hall. We arrived just in time. We were laughing, out of breath, and our eyes were shining with joy. "Let's go outside after this." I suggested. "In the snow?" Evan asked. "Yes. It'll be fun." I assured him. He shrugged and ate his lunch. We dropped off our books in our dorm and went outisde. It was freezing, but we had fun. We came in just in time for dinner. After that we spent some time in the common room.
That night, my mind was too preoccupied to sleep. I went up to the Astronomy Tower, hoping Y/N was uo there. I had to speak my mind to someone.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
I was up at the Astronomy Tower because I couldn't sleep. My father wanted me home, and I was virtually a nervous wreck. I was hoping Regulus would come up, but so far, it didn't look like that was happening. Just as I was about to leave, Regulus came up. "You came." I said. Regulus nodded. "You were leaving?" he asked, slightly out of breath. "Yes, but I'll stay." I told him. He smiled. "What's keeping you up?" I asked Regulus. "I.... I really don't want to go home. It was fine before because my.... Brother.... Sirius was there... But this summer he.... Well he ran away. Now I'll be alone." he said sadly. I put my hand on his arm. "I'm sorry." I told him sincerely. He smiled sadly. "What's keeping you up?" he asked. "I.... I'm nervous about going home. I'm scared of what my father will do when he finds out I'm in Gryffindor." I told him. "I'm sure you'll be fine." Regulus told me. I shook my head. "He's hit me before." I said quietly. "He might again." I whispered. Regulus looked a bit surprised. "Y/N.... Who is your father?" he asked. "I'll tell you, but you can't tell anyone." I told him with a stern undertone. "I promise." he nodded. "It's.... Draven L/N." I whispered. Regulus's eyes widened. "I thought he didn't have a daughter." Regulus said. "He lied." I signed. "Y/N I'm..... I'm really sorry." Regulus said. "Don't be." I told him. "You have it worse.... My mum's nice." I said. Regulus nodded. "Are we.... Friends." Regulus asked after a few moments of silence. "I..." I began, then fell silent for a few minutes. I licked my lips in thought. "I don't know, are we?" I finally admitted. "I'd like to be." Regulus whispered. "Me too." I told him. He smiled. A proper smile, that showed his teeth. I have him a similar smile back. "Are we going to be publicly friends?" I asked. "I don't see why not. Unless you don't want to be." Regulus said. "No, no." I assured him with a smile. "You can write me if you want. I'll give you my address tomorrow." Regulus said. "Ok. But don't write my last name." I pleaded. "I won't." Regulus said. "Ok. Goodnight Reg." I said. "Goodnight N/N." he said back.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
The next morning I quickly wrote out my address on a small slip of paper. I had already back two nights before, so I was ready to go. Me and Evan reached the Great Hall for breakfast at the same time as Y/N and her girl friends. "Hey, Y/N." I called. She turned around, as did her other friends. "Hey Regulus." she smiled at me. It's almost like we had an unspoken agreement to not use our nicknames in public. I handed her the slip of paper. She smiled at it. "Thanks. I'll send you mine." she said. I nodded. We bid each other goodbye, and she and her friends walked off. "What was that?" I heard one of her friends ask. I didn't hear Y/N's response. "What was that about?" Evan frowned as we sat down. "We're friends." I shrugged. "What for? She could be a mudblood all we know." he said with a slight sneer on his face. "She's not a mudblood!" I snapped, feeling the need to defend her. "Sorry, jeez." Evan mumbled, eating some toast. "Sorry." I apologised. "It's alright." Evan said instantly. Neither of us liked fighting much.

Yay, they're friends! I'm not sure whether to write the break in one whole chapter or not. And what about the train rides? I suppose we'll see.