Chapter 11: Telling People

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
When we got back to the castle, we ran into Avery. He had a black eye that was fading, and the remains of a busted lip. It seems he hadn't gone to the Hospital Wing until now. "Still hanging out with that mudblood, huh Black?" He asked. I clenched my teeth and was about to pull Y/N away, but it seemed she had a different idea. "Who are you calling a mudblood?" She snarled. Avery's eyes flashed. "You." He said with a sneer. "Wonder what your daddy would say if I told mine you were calling me a mudblood." She retorted with a fake pout. "Hard to say, seeing as no one knows your father!" Avery said raising his voice. "C'mon, let's go." I said quietly to Y/N, pulling on her sleeve. "That's right, listen to your boyfriend." Avery taunted as we walked away. Y/N stopped in her tracks and turned around slowly. "I don't know why you're using that as an insult." She said, faking puzzlement. "When he really is my boyfriend, after all." Avery's eyes widened, and Y/N gave him a fake smile before walking away. I quickly followed her. "That was awesome." I said. "Thanks." Y/N said. "But I'm sorry I told him you're my boyfriend." She finished. "Don't be." I assured her. "I'm ready for people to know you're mine, if you're ready to tell people I'm yours." I said. She smiled and we shared a short and sweet kiss. "We should tell Evan." She said with a silly grin. "Let's go find him." I grinned. With that, we raced down to the Slytherin Common Room, hand in hand.
We burst in and got a couple of strange looks, but we didn't care. We found Evan in front of the fireplace, reading a book. "Evan!" Y/N exclaimed as we sat together on an armchair near him. "Hi?" He said in a confused tone, closing his book. "We have some news for you." I said, still breathless. "Ok, what is it?" He asked. "We're together." I grinned, holding up our entwined hands. "Finally." Evan said and we burst out laughing.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
After Evan, we went to tell my Gryffindor friends. First, we found the girls in the courtyard, talking and laughing. "Hi girls." I said cheerily, pulling Reg down beside me. "What's got you so cheery?" Alice teased. "Oh you know..." I trailed off, glancing at Regulus. "No way." Lily breathed. "What?" Marlene asked. "They're together." Lily said gesturing to our entwined hands. "No way- really?" Marlene turned to me for confirmation, and I nodded. She squealed and hugged me. Then she whispered something into Regulus's ear and he nodded. After a bit of talking me and Regulus got up to leave. "Any idea where the boys are?" I asked. "At the tree by the lake." Lily said helpfully. I raised my eyebrows with a smirk. "Shut up." She mumbled, hiding her smile. "I didn't say anything." I defended and we left. "Right, now we need to go tell the boys." I said with a hint of nervousness in my voice. "Are you nervous?" Reg asked me, taking my hand. I nodded slowly. "Why?" He asked, stopping. I turned to face him. "It's - well - I'm nervous to tell Sirius..." I stammered. "Why?" Reg asked gently. "He just...wasn't exactly comfortable when we were friends....nor when the other boys tried to convince me I liked you....." I let out a small chuckle. "Don't worry. Even if he does act odd, he'll get over it. Especially if he cares about you." Regulus assured me. I smiled at him and pulled him in for a quick kiss. We found the boys under the tree. I made my way over, Reg following close behind. "Hi boys." I said cheerfully, hiding my nervousness. We sat down, Reg sitting close enough to me so our arms touched. "Hi Y/N. Hi Regulus." All the boys said, but Sirius didn't greet his brother, and when he greeted me, his voice was gloomy. "What are you boys up to?" I asked. "Nothing." They all said quickly. I glanced at Regulus and turned back to the boys, raising my eyebrows. "We're not doing anything illegal." James said, and it would have been convincing if not for the look he and Sirius shared. "Just please tell its safe?" I said. "It is." Remus assured me, but my gaze was focused on Sirius and James, who expressions said otherwise. I groaned, and let my head fall into Regulus's shoulder. Remus looked at me questioningly, and I shrugged with my eyebrows raised. He opened his mouth in shock and then we both broke into matching grins. "As much as I love this telepathic conversation, I'd love to understand it." Sirius said. Peter nodded in agreement. James was watching me, and a look of understanding crossed his face. "Aaaand that's two of four." I said dramatically, taking my head off Reg's shoulder and throwing him a glance. His eyes were fixed on Sirius, but he looked down at me and smiled lightly. "I think Sirius knows but doesn't want to admit it." Reg whispered. I nodded in agreement. "Oi, what're you two whispering about over there?" Sirius asked. Reg said "Nothing." at the same time that I said "You." and smirked. Sirius raised his eyebrows. I shot Regulus a look that communicated what I was about to do and he nodded. Then, I crawled over to Sirius and sat next to him. "I think you know." I said softly. James, Remus, Peter and Reg moved away slightly and started a conversation. Sirius glanced at Regulus, who was also watching him, and then looked back at me. "Is it - are you....?" He trailed off, not being able to express himself. This was the first time I had seen Sirius speechless. I nodded and placed a hand on his arm. He looked at the ground. "Why him?" He whispered more to himself then to me but I answered anyway. "Because I love him." I said in a low voice. Sirius looked at me, then at him, and then at the ground again. "Does he know?" He asked. "....no." I said quietly. Sirius's signature grin appeared on his face. As much as I liked seeing him happy again, I didn't like where this was going. "Sirius, don't." I pleaded. But it was too late. He ran over to Reg and whispered something in his ear. Reg looked at me shocked, then grinned and whispered something to Sirius, who came running over again. "He said he loves you too." Sirius panted. I smiled.

Aww what a cute little scene. I really like this chapter cause we see Y/N standing up to Avery and we see the friendships in more detail. Nearing the end of the book, but here's a hint, very big time skip coming up. Comment where you think I'll be skipping to.