Chapter 9: See You Again

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
The first week of the summer passed rather quickly. Me and Regulus exchanged plenty of letters, I baked with my mum, I even invited the Potters over (and Sirius, he and James are a package deal). My mum told them they weren't allowed to say to anyone they were here, and she explained the situation a little bit, still without revealing our last name. I stared at the table while she did that. That night, Regulus sent me the first letter containing bad news.

Dear Y/N,
I'm sorry I didn't reply for so long, I, didn't have access to an owl. You see, I was hungry at midnight, so I went to get a snack, and my mother found me. She said it was 'improper to eat outside of mealtimes' and she slapped me. Hard. And then she used some spells. I was in pain for days, and I still have a mark on my face.
Regulus

I had cried myself to sleep that night. It was all Sirius's fault. Alright, I knew it wasn't, but I couldn't help but think that. That morning, my father was supposed to come home, so I had to dress proper. I wore a black dress with a thin, silver belt going around my middle. When my father wasn't home, we usually wore slippers around the house, but when my father was home, we wore shoes. I picked out a pair of black flats with a few silver accents. Sure enough, when I sat down at the breakfast table, my father was there. "Good morning, father." I said politely. "Good morning, Y/N." My father replied stiffly. I knew the stiffness was concealing the fatigue in his voice, but it still sent a pang to my heart.

🅡🅔🅖🅤🅛🅤🅢'🅢 🅟🅞🅥
The first week of the holidays was boring, as any other holidays are, except for the letters I secretly exchanged with Y/N. Of course, if my mother knew who her father was, she'd be quick to get us betrothed. But Y/N is my best friend, I could never do that. After I sent Y/N the letter involving my midnight snack mishap, I received one that touched my heart.

Dear Regulus,
I can't believe your mother would do that! If I didn't know better, I'd go and kill her! But, I don't fancy going to Azkaban. My father will be back tomorrow morning. If he wasn't, I'd invite you. I just hope that he won't be too mad about my being in Gryffindor, if he even has to know. Anyway, I miss you lots Reg, and I can't wait to see you!
N/N

The paper had a few tear drops on it, and, I was almost sure it was from my letter. I really couldn't wait to see Y/N.
The next week flew by, and soon I found myself on the platform. I said goodbye to my parents, and went to find Evan. "How was your break?" he asked as we sat down in a compartment. "Oh, you know." I, said vaguely, waving my hand. He furrowed his brows but didn't say anything. I wanted more than anything to see Y/N.
Soon, I saw her. She seemed to be searching for someone.... Me? "I'll be back." I told Evan and got up. "N/N!" I called after her. She turned around and her face lit up when she saw me. She ran to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I hugged her back. "I'm so happy to see you." she mumbled. "Me too." I told her with a smile. We pulled away. "How did your dad take the news?" I asked worriedly. Y/N's smile slid off her face and she shrugged. "Talk to me." I urged. She looked at her feet. "He hit me. A lot." she whispered. I felt rage rise up in me, but I pushed it down. Now wasn't the time. "Do you have bruises?" I asked her, gently touching her arm. "I don't know. Probably." she said. I gently tilted her chin up towards me. She looked into my eyes. I looked back, and I saw tears in her eyes. I gently pulled her into a hug. "You'll be ok." I whispered. She nodded and pulled away. "I should go." she said. "The girls will be missing me." I nodded. She put a fake smile on her face, probably to reassure me, yet I saw right through it. I didn't tell her though. With a sigh, I walked back into my compartment. "Mate." Evan said amusedly. "You're smitten." a smile crept onto his face. "I - what? What are you...." I stuttered. Evan laughed. "It's so obvious." he told me. "I... I'm not." I replied stubbornly. "Sure." Evan laughed.

Ⓨ/Ⓝ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ
After I finished talking to Regulus, I went to sit with the girls. "Hey Y/N." Marlene said with a smile. "Where were you?" Dorcas asked. "Talking to someone." I told her. "Regulus?" Lily asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I felt a slight blush creep onto my face as I nodded. "Do you like him?" Mary asked with wide eyes. "What!? No! We're friends." I said, blushing harder. "You do like him!" Lily exclaimed. "I do not." I protested. "Suuure." Lily said. I just ignored her. "Well, Lily likes James." Mary piped up. "I don't." Lily replied hotly with a glare that made us ignore the topic for the rest of the ride.

I know this chapter is a bit short but I really wanted to get it out for you guys.