episode ten

EPISODE 10

"good morning." a certain periwinkle-haired greeted the precinct as he kept walking in like he owns the world.

"sir, what's your business with the police?"

"oh."

he removed his hands from his pocket before flashing a small smile.

"i'm here for mysta stroude." he answered. "i was tasked to watch him in his wife's stead."

the police led him to where mysta is. he was inside one of their cells, sitting on the floor and staring nowhere. his eyes were red and his tears have dried on his cheeks.

"mr. stroude," he called the moment the police left.

mysta glanced at him. "huh?"

"who the fuck are you?"

"my name's hex haywire, mr. stroude, a friend of your wife." hex introduced himself. "i was asked by her if i could keep you company."

the said husband rose an eyebrow.

"i don't recall my wife being friends with you."

"your wife is now working with your boss, vox akuma. they're taking care of taking you out of here." hex continued blabbering. "how are you doing, mr. stroude?"

"don't ignore my q—"

"i heard it was miss fuentes who filed a case against you."

"what the heck man—?!"

"did you really not cheat on your wife, mr. stroude?"

that had mysta stand up and taunt an attack on hex. if only there were no bars between them.

"you motherfucker! i would never!" mysta exclaimed. "sheila confessed, but i rejected her! even if i'm drunk, i'd never cheat on my wife!"

hex smiled. "now you remember."

the anger on mysta's face slowly faded away.

"the physiology of anger states that moderate arousal levels help the brain to learn and enhance memory, concentration, and performance." hex said and smiled.

"let me introduce myself again. i'm from the akuma corporation's HR, hex haywire. i was tasked by the president to keep you sane until and while the lawyer will be having a word with you." hex said. "now that you've remembered one of the key events, it wouldn't be so hard testifying it. i heard the president is also a witness."

"but what's a witness if you can't even remember a damn thing, right?"

mysta was baffled. he suddenly remembered that night, when sheila confessed to him and he straight up rejected her.

connecting it to what vox said, sheila probably didn't like that he rejected her so she took him somewhere.

"it's all making sense now."

but how the hell did i wake up at my house?

something still doesn't add up.

"mr. stroude, i have a question." hex spoke up.

mysta sighed. "what?"

"if you'd be given a chance, would you like to solve this problem without taking it to court?" hex asked. "if we ever really are innocent, would you just like sheila to apologize then you'll never see you again, or would you like her to rot in jail?"

"why are you asking me this? what is vox planning?" mysta asked, confused.

"but if i'd be honest... yeah. i prefer her apologizing then not showing her face ever again." mysta said. "because maybe... i don't know... i just..."