episode thirty

EPISODE 30

"one step at a time." y/n whispered to herself.

"what's wrong?" mysta asked.

y/n met mysta's eyes, his head tilted to the side in confusion.

"y/n?" mysta called and held his wife's hand.

y/n smiled and held his hands back.

"mon chaton, i will be revealing something to you that i've been hiding for a very very long time now." y/n calmly and gently said. "you might get angry with me for it, but i'll understand and make it up to you, i promise."

mysta swallowed a lump in his throat. so his wife really is still hiding something from him despite them being married. should he be nervous?

is it really going to be something he'll be mad about?

dressed in formal clothes, y/n was a goddess in her silk emerald dress that hugged all her godly curves while mysta was wearing a complete three-piece suit with an emerald green necktie, the two of them walked together to the dining room of the mansion— one of the biggest and grandest room there is in the whole hacienda.

six gigantic chandeliers lit the whole room. mysta's jaw dropped as his eyes feasted on the feast laid on the long table. the room was blinding him with gold ornaments— from cutleries to chairs, to wall pillars. the room was shining so bright that he almost regretted not bringing shades with him tonight.

in the room were all kaneshiros and stroudes. mysta never felt so overwhelmed by so many powerful people all hanging out in this magnificent space.

but all those were nothing when mysta saw a familiar couple with a child, talking with some blondes.

"vox..? ike..?" mysta whispered.

"wife what is..."

but before he could even talk to his wife, her relatives already tugged her away from him.

talk about rude. mysta thought with a frown.

mysta glanced at the couple one more time, only to see ike already staring at him.

mysta took it as a cue and walked towards the two.

"good evening." mysta greeted.

"good evening— gah!" vox jumped in his seat in and held his chest. "fuck, son. you almost gave me a heart attack."

"how in the world are you two here?" mysta said with a frown. "i am so confused. this isn't a normal dinner you two should be attending."

not that they don't know that.

"are you here perhaps for a meeting with the kaneshiros? or the stroudes? for the company, right?" mysta asked, turning his head back and forth between ike and vox.

the couple glanced at each other before glancing back at mysta.

"mysta, this is yaeko akuma." vox just introduced his 14-year-old daughter. "we adopted her recently."

"hello!" yaeko happily greeted.

mysta's face turned into a big frown.

"seriously! how are you two involved with the stroudes?" mysta asked again, now even more annoyed.

ike sighed.

"i'm a stroude. they adopted me," ike said and took his business card out, handing it to mysta who immediately took it.

ike eveland stroude-akuma.

"then..." mysta's eyes fell on ike. "you and y/n knew each other all along?"