episode twenty-three

EPISODE 23

"to those who can't remember, this is our little y/n way back from college~" chelsea presented to everyone, making them cheer.

y/n just did a little wave. even when everyone kept calling her little y/n, there's no doubt that she already grew up into a fine lady.

"and look who she brought with her!!"

"hi." mysta greeted with a shy smile. he glanced at y/n to ask for her permission, then he proceeded when she nodded.

"i'm mysta stroude, y/n's husband. it's a pleasure to meet her college friends."

everyone cheered, but it faltered so suddenly when they realized.

"you took her surname?!" they all exclaimed.

mysta laughed. "i did. i'm hopeless, aren't i?" he said with a small bashful grin.

they all laughed and did a toast for mysta and his wife. y/n just shook her head and gently grabbed mysta's hand, pulling him a bit far from the table.

"listen to me, mon chaton." y/n whispered. "you will not tell them anything about your work and your mother. and if they ask any questions, i will do the talking. you're free to ask them anything, but not until i nod, understand?"

"no questions." y/n then planted a kiss on his cheek.

all mysta could do was nod. why does y/n want to keep his job and his mother from her friends? is he overthinking things, or does y/n feel ashamed of his current work status and his mom being a single parent?

no. he shouldn't doubt like that. he believes in y/n.

he trusts her.

they all continued talking about y/n's marriage with mysta as they all ordered food. mysta kept quiet and just chuckled beside y/n, gobbling the food his wife puts on his plate.

"so, mysta, mysta. if y/n's the housewife, you're the breadwinner, right? what do you do for work, then?"

"he works as a company employee," y/n answered for him. "the pay is very high."

"oohh…"

"oh, oh! does mysta come from an elite family?!"

"what do his parents do for work, then?!"

oh god. y/n was right. these people would ask questions like that! and it's so fucking weird, bro!

"enough about my husband!" y/n said after clapping her hands. "a little bird told me that someone in this room is engaged to another one in this room! i wonder who that could be!"

everyone's topic immediately shifted, y/n and mysta now being the last for their attention. y/n sighed and just placed her hand on mysta's lap.

will she be okay? was the only question mysta had in mind.

“chelsea and arthur are!!”

“congratulations to you two!!”

“cheers to the soon-to-be wedded!!”

“hey, mysta, y/n is hot, isn’t she?” instead of joining in the fun, his seatmate decided to talk with him. "so? how did you snatch someone like her? i bet you seduced her!" she teased.

mysta laughed awkwardly. "that's… kinda…" i mean, she's not wrong… haha.

"we really thought y/n wouldn't be married at all. or perhaps just die at old age." the girl beside mysta's seatmate said. the two of them laughed, making mysta raise an eyebrow.