episode twenty-seven

EPISODE 27

"then? what's the case for this one?" y/n asked, standing beside shu as they watched the supposedly husband and wife arguing in the interrogation room.

they were watching the couple behind the one-way window.

shu just got back to the headquarters with y/n's team from a mission. now they got the mafia don and his wife, only for them to argue before y/n could interrogate them both.

"was it so hard to tell me?!"

"you don't understand!"

"then make me understand!!"

"like hell you need to!"

"don burry hid the fact that he's a mafia don from his wife. they've been married for 20 years and their children are also involved in the mafia." shu briefly explained. "only the wife is not aware."

"it's either the wife is stupid or the husband is just too good."

"the wife is an assassin."

"what?" y/n's neck immediately snapped at shu.

"the wife is an assassin." shu repeated. "she hasn't told him yet. neither did i."

shu pressed a button and descended his mouth to the mic.

"let's add some fun to the argument, people! mrs. burry, how about you tell your husband about your activities too?"

"shu yamino." y/n warned.

"what is he talking about?!"

"you don't have to know!"

"the hell?!"

y/n massaged her temples in stress. "what even is this..."

"it's like your situation with your husband, right?"

y/n paused. "excuse me..?"

shu glanced at her and pointed at the husband. "you're that man." he then pointed at the wife. "and mysta's that woman."

y/n shook her head. "mysta's not an assassin or something between the lines. and i will explain to him if he ever asks." y/n said. "i'm a reasonable woman and yes, i've sinned for hiding my job from my husband, but that doesn't mean i'll make excuses once he finds out."

shu shrugged.

"you sure?"

"yes?" that has gotten y/n's eyebrow to rise.

"shu yamino, what are you imp..."

y/n's eyes widened.

"i want you to do another background check on my husband." she would've said that years ago. but no.

mysta is her beloved husband. she will not investigate him- once was enough, twice is a choice. she trusts him enough.

"thanksgiving is coming. i'm still thinking if i'd bring mysta to the stroude-kaneshiro dinner or have a separate dinner with both our parents."

"how about scheduling a separate dinner after the stroude-kaneshiro's thanksgiving?" shu suggested. "that thanksgiving dinner is big, knowing that the stroude's and kaneshiro's have been partners since mr. and mrs. mei stroude have been kids."

"you're right. you're always right. i hate that." y/n mumbled.

"shu." y/n called, the noise of the fighting couple still in the background.

she placed her hand on shu's shoulder, sending ice down the man's spine, turning his blood cold.

"you know i like you, right?" y/n whispered.