The Great Evil

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 8: The Great Evil

The three brothers continued onward into the Nexus Forest, hoping to find Michelangelo somewhere.

"This place gives me the creeps," Donatello shuddered.

"It's even darker than the last time we came here" Raphael stated, eyeing for anything that could attack them.

"We can't give up; we have to keep looking," said Leonardo.

"How on earth are we going to find that crystal palace Mikey made himself in that version? For all we know he could've moved elsewhere in this current time now" Raphael pointed out.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but Raph does have a point" Donnie agreed.

Suddenly Leonardo remembers the crystal in his belt as he got it out, closes his eyes and thinks real hard before he said: "Help us help Mikey, please"

The crystal that the god of the Magerias gave Leo soon glows and begins to point the way like a compass in his hand.

"The crystal's acting like a compass!" Donnie gasped.

"Then it'll show us the way to Mikey," Leonardo smiled with hope.

"Let's go," Raphael said with determination.

The three turtles followed the crystal's guide and eventually they were out of the forest and into the mountains where lo and behold, there stood Michelangelo's crystal palace.

It gives off a spooky vibe like a haunted cave for the night sky and also gives it an ominous atmosphere. The turtles can see piles of destroyed robots, no doubt they were sent to destroy Mikey on Mencius's orders but none have succeeded.

"You think Mikey's in there?" Donnie asked.

"Let's hope so" Leo exhaled, feeling hopeful.

But before they could take a step, they immediately saw that they were not alone to which they hid in the shadows.

Two tribal Magerias were also sneaking up to the palace as they seemed on the hunt for something or someone in particular.

"You think he's in there?" The first Mageria quizzed.

"He better be, the Chief is paying us huge to bring the head of the Great Evil" The second Mageria whispered.

"You do realise that this is suicide!" The first Mageria protested. "This is the Great Evil we're talking about; he can wipe us down like those things around us"

"The Chief gave us these" The second Mageria grunted, showing off a necklace of a glowing shell.

"Enchanted protection, I know" The first Mageria nodded.

"Exactly; they'll protect us from that monster" The second Mageria pointed out.

"Are they talking about Mikey?!" Donnie gasped.

"Oh shell no" Raphael growled and was about to confront the two tribal warriors.

Leo stops him and soon the three notice the crystals near them were glowing green.

The three watch while the two Magerias are fighting about what to do inside, the cave door opens and soon a wall of crystals rises up behind the shocked Magerias before they are magically flying up high to the wall, trapped like insects to a spider web.

The turtles watched as out of the shadows of the entrance stood Michelangelo; he was different compared to the one the brothers knew in their current time.