Aftermath

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 16: Aftermath

After the destruction of the villainous Mencius, Splinter narrowed the remaining parts and exhaled out:

"Justice has been done"

"You can say that again, sensei," Raphael wholeheartedly agreed.

The crowd cheered at this before Asami silence them with a wave of her hand: "Let this night be known that our Chosen Magus has saved our universe and we are forever thankful for his deeds"

"But let us not forget the heroic deeds of the Chosen Magus's family, for if not for them, we'd be doomed" Alvaro pointed out.

The crowd thankfully applauded the mutated family as they gave out a small bow of appreciation but looked concerned for Michelangelo, still unconscious in Leo's arms.

"But we must also remember the tragic upbringings that Mencius has forced our poor hero to; we mustn't allow Michelangelo to think we are hostile to him as most of our alternate selves were. Let us remind him that he is still loved and appreciated as he still does for all of us" Asami announced, taking great pity on her dearest friend.

The crowd agreed before Asami sent them away to their usual activities.

"And what of the scrap metals from Mencius? What do we do with them?" Alvaro asked his sister.

Asami glared at the destroyed pieces and snapped:

"Smelt the pieces and turn him into a toilet for all I care; he was as they say "a piece of crap" so let this be his legacy being nothing but that, at least Mencius being a toilet will be the only good thing he can be as well as being dead"

Raphael grins deviously at Asami and chuckled: "You got a mean streak, empress"

"Well I learn from the best" Asami teasingly smiles at Alvaro who chuckled with her.

She turns to Michelangelo and said: "Let us take him to the medical wing in the palace"

Eventually they took Mikey inside at the medical wing and after having the turtle medically checked, he was shown to be healthy and normal to the family's relief.

The family stayed by the young mutant's bed, waiting patiently for the turtle to wake up.

"Poor Mikey, the way Mencius and Tavarious messed up his life with the time change" Donnie sadly said.

"But it's over now, right? Everything is back to normal" Raphael stated.

"Maybe but we don't know if Michelangelo remembers his alternate self like we saw with ours" Splinter replied.

"Knowing Magus, I'd say he already gave Mikey the alternate memories of himself to spare him the confusion and lower the blow of the pain" Leonardo declared.

"I can't believe how violent my alternate self was" Alvaro shuddered at the thought of his alternate self:

"The worst part about it is not only I'd betrayed my sister and people...but I almost went down that path last year"

"It wasn't your fault, you're better than your alternate self in that time-line" Asami reassured her brother and hugged him close.

"I'm so sorry, Asami" Alvaro sadly apologised.

"Don't apologise! You are not evil, you're still a great Chief and brother here; if not for Mikey last year then I would've lost you to your drive for revenge" Asami comforted her big brother.