Be Strong

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 13: Be Strong

Michelangelo immediately rushes to the injured Leo, cradling the eldest brother in his arms.

"Leo?! What is wrong with you?! Why did you do that?!" Mikey frantically cried.

"Because you're my bro...I would never let anyone hurt my brothers" Leo groaned within his injuries.

"Please don't die! I don't want anyone else dying because of me, please!" Mikey tearfully begged and held Leo closer.

As Mikey wept his powers suddenly triggered something different; it began to heal Leo's wounds back to normal and recovered the eldest turtle.

"Mikey!" Donnie gasped. "You saved him!"

"I...I don't understand how" Mikey shuddered out in bewilderment.

Leo had a thought, in the original world it was love and happiness that makes Michelangelo's powers strong and what makes his powers work. Perhaps it was the care and concern that Mikey finally opened up to Leo as his brother made Mikey's powers heal the eldest brother.

"Guys" Raphael started as Leonardo saw the Magerias approaching them silently.

Not taking any chances, Leonardo got out his katanas and viciously snapped: "STAY BACK!"

The Magerias froze as Leonardo narrows his eyes on the mob and got in front of Mikey, protecting him as he growled out:

"Who else wants to harm my brothers? Hmm? Anyone? Do I have to kill any of you to protect my family?! Huh?!"

The Magerias said nothing and stare on as Leonardo ranted:

"You wanna know something? You are all as bad as Mencius! Do you know why?!"

Silence fills the air as Leo continues:

"Not because of your magic, weapons, or even your race! It's because like Mencius, you and Alvaro choose to use fear and hatred to retaliate against a mutant who didn't even do anything to deserve your hatred and fear!"

"Your hatred for my brother is because of your fear that he is different and how easily manipulated you are despite you guys considered yourselves wise witches and warlocks that even your chief has lost himself to vengeance that he refuses to see beyond reason even at the face of the truth before you all!!"

"You wanted Mencius and his people to stop their fear and hatred upon you guys but you lot have no idea that you all have become hypocrites to that same fear and hatred against my brother the same way Mencius put onto you all"

The crowd look upon themselves, realising that despite them wanting peace and unity, they were too naïve to realise beforehand that they were doing the same thing Mencius and his people were doing to Michelangelo, all because of the rumours, the reports and the stories that seem once upon a time true to their fearful minds.

"Look how far you people have become and you allowed Alvaro to blindly allow his hatred and anger to rule over you that he betrayed his own sister and wouldn't even bat an eye on any one of you if you were in peril" Leo scoffed in pure disgust.

"Leo-!" Donnie started.

"No!" Leo snapped and glared back at the Magerias:

"Personally I don't care about you Magerias anymore but if you want to kill my brothers then you'll have to kill me first!! I don't care how much of you I might wipe out at this point because we are a family and we will always have each other's backs no matter what!!!"