Insanity

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO NICKELODEON ANIMATION STUDIOS

Chapter 12: Insanity

The four turtles are back to reality as the magical crystal finishes showing them the past again.

"Alvaro betrayed his sister for vengeance...That son of a-!" Raphael growled.

"Raph" Leo halted him when he noticed Mikey kneeling miserably on the ground.

"Little bro?" Donnie quizzed in concern.

They kneel beside Mikey as he shudders out:

"I never wanted Asami to die for me, I tried to save her but I failed and she died because I didn't save her, I wasn't strong enough, I-!"

"No!" Leo stopped Mikey and wrapped his arms around the young turtle:

"You have nothing to be sorry about! This is not your fault! None of this! Our deaths, Alarik's (can't believe I'm defending a villain but it's true), Nova's, and especially Asami's! They didn't die because of you!"

"You're not a monster and you never will be one! If anyone's the monster here, it's Mencius and Tavarious! They're the ones who are ruining this world and the past!" Donnie agreed.

"But...I killed Splinter" Mikey whimpered.

"No!" Raphael shook his head. "That rodent was not Splinter! The Splinter we know was never like the one who hurt you or kept you locked up like a prisoner"

"Tavarious made your Splinter into a being of fear and bitterness because of what he did to our alternate selves" Leonardo added.

"And besides, our Splinter would never blame you for our deaths like that rat did" Donnie spoke with such a fervent tone.

"He tried to kill you back there and you defended yourself, end of story! And don't say you would've let him kill you as punishment because we would've done the same thing to that horrible alternated Splinter if we were in your feet" Leonardo vehemently concluded.

"I just want this nightmare to end!!" Mikey cried.

"We can end this! If we work together then we have a chance to destroy Mencius and Tavarious before it's too late" Leonardo replied, holding Mikey's hands to inspire hope in him.

Suddenly they heard loud commotion outside the palace to which they went out to one of the balconies upstairs and saw to their trepidation.

"What's that?" Donnie asked.

"It looks like an angry mob" Raphael leans further.

Their fears rose as it was an angry mob of the remaining Magerias led by the insane Alvaro who declared a strike to end 'The Great Evil' once and for all after a humiliating display he experienced from the three turtles who escaped.

"They're here to destroy Mikey" Donnie gasped.

"No kidding there, Sherlock!" Mikey grunted.

"We got to stop him! This is going too far!" Raphael strictly declared.

"But how?! I don't want to hurt them but Alvaro won't listen" Michelangelo panicked.

"The crystal" Donnie answered with an idea. "If we used the crystal to show them all what we know, maybe we can finally clear Mikey's name and make the Magerias see that they are fighting the wrong enemy"

"That's a great idea" Leonardo nodded.

"But Alvaro's nuts now, I don't think he'll believe us" Raphael pointed out, glaring at the mad Chief.