14. He almost did

Don't question what I'm about to do, it is what it is. If Draco got a job as a auror, he did. Don't Question it please!Also the time is going to like crazy fast so keep up.

______

It had been almost two years since Harry and Draco bonded.
And if you think about it honestly? No one would ever be as happy as they were with each other.
Things changed after they defeated Voldemort.
Everyone's perspective towards Draco changed completely, he was seen as a hero alongside Harry.
He had been an ally towards Harry and the school at many parts.
Draco was no longer frowned upon.
Draco and Harry got a job offer shortly after for being a Auror.

Harry had declined, but Draco took the job. Harry was happy for him, but he got over his happiness very soon, when he realised he wouldn't get as much time as he did before with Draco.

Draco left a week after he sent a letter saying he would be happy to join the Auror training program.

Draco was gone for 2 months, he and Harry write to each-other, but slowly Draco stopped sending Harry letters.
He was too tired with the training and studying.
Harry understood, of course.
But that didn't help with the loneliness, the fact that Harry was the one who pushed Draco to be a Auror, Draco had decided to say no, but Harry convinced him to say yes.
He didn't want to, but he did regret the decision inside a little bit.
He missed Draco too much but he did sometimes felt a tug in his chest which sent butterflies throughout his body a couple times because, that tug meant Draco was missing him.

After watching Draco's dedication towards his training, they had Draco give a early exam and only in three months, Draco became a successful, strong auror.

Draco had returned home not knowing when he would be leaving next.

Since the moment Draco stepped inside the house that they had later bought together, Harry never left Dracos side.
For at least two weeks, Harry didn't let Draco leave the bed. All the pent up sexual frustration inside the both of them became even stronger and their love making had amplified because of the bond.

Harry had realised that the bond made him feel Draco close even when he was far away, and when he was close? It just felt... unexplainable.
Only after a month when they had got set in a daily routine, and had started to feel like it was before, Draco got a parchment, it said he was to leave to go on a top secret mission and that it was important that he'd report first thing tomorrow morning.

Harry's heart broke when Draco said he had to leave.

It was after Draco kissed Harry goodbye and left, Harry realised that there was a chance that he would never get to see Draco again... that Draco might di- NO. he cannot die on me.
He won't.
A tear slipped his eyes as he backed on the close door, sunk to his feet as he held the doorknob still over his head.
Please don't.
I can't lose anyone else.

A week passed, Harry was withering away.
Mornings he spent thinking, crying, wondering.
Nights he spent wishing, praying, dying.

He thought If Draco was okay and not hurt.
He cried missing Draco's arm around him.
He wondered if Draco would return.
He wished Draco to come back safe.
He Prayed for the tug inside his chest to never go away.
And he died, every night, just a little bit.

That's when he understood what Draco meant when he'd said that 'love hurt'
Because it did.
So fucking much that he might die of it.

A month passed and Harry stopped eating, only reason he cooked in the first place was because as slim as Draco looked? He had a huge appetite.
All he would do every night was wish that his would feel the bond intact.