¹⁶ Day 2

I was the second awake. Cheong-san was staring at the floor, sitting on a blue mat while On-jo's head rested on his shoulder peacefully.
It was still a bit dark outside, the sun was slowly rising.

I slowly scoot off Gyeong-su's lap and carefully unwrap his hands off my waist without waking him. I kiss his cheek before crawling over to Cheong-san.

"Cheong-san?" I whisper.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." I murmer, his head turns to me swiftly.

"She was.. already bit. It's not your fault."

I turn to On-jo, and see her slowly stirring awake. Her head lifts up from Cheong-san's shoulder drowsily. I crawl back over to Gyeong-su and hug him tight.
On-jo and Cheong-san seem to have their own conversation, so I leave them be.

"Hmm.." my boyfriends groans, stirring awake aswell.

When his eyes flutter open, I smile softly.

"Morning, baby.." he murmers, passionately kissing my lips.

"Morning, cutie."

This causes Gyeong-su to blush a little.

~

"Do you see something?" someone asks Nam-ra, who was looking out the window.

The group was wide awake.

Nam-ra was silent for a while.

"The smell got stronger."

Everyone looks a bit concerned. Dae-su frowned and sniffed the air. I only chuckle while I roll my eyes.

"Moron." I scoff.

"What?" Dae-su says to me before starting to sniff his arms.
"I don't smell anything." he adds.

Nam-ra turns to us, walking up to the group a little aswell.
"I think they're all coming this way, the smell's really strong." Nam-ra explains, sitting down.

"We're trapped in here." Joon-yeong blankly mentions, staring forward.

"Don't say that." Hyo-rung whispers.

"But it's true. There is no way." Joon-yeong replies.

Dae-su confidently stands up, exlclaiming, "Whatever. Let them kill us if they want."

Gyeong-su holds me tight, keeping me on his lap. A flush of red fills my cheek.
Nam-ra picks up a golden bat and starts inspecting it while Dae-su fixes up his uniform a bit with a sigh.

"Ha-ri. You didn't get eliminated in the preliminaries, did you?" Wu-jin asks, leaving his sister silent for a few seconds.

Wu-jin blinks and looks around a bit before turning back to her.

"You had a tournament. Why did you come to the school?" the Jang brother asks again.

Mi-jin tucks her hands in her pockets.
"Are you her brother?"

"Yes. So?"

"She got a perfect score. She made it onto the national team. I saw her." Mi-jin mentions, and I smile a little. Ha-ri seemed like a good archer, I'd like to see her play after this is all over.

Wu-jin's face beamed, looking over to his sister.

"Really?"

Ha-ri's face was only blank.

"Yes, really."

"Then you're really on the national team? Do mom and dad know?" Wu-jin exclaims to her.