¹⁷ More pain.

"It's locked!" someone screams, but I can only stare at zombie-fied Joon-yeon, who was trying to break through the barricade.

I sigh and turn to the door, On-jo was trying her best to smash it open with her side. Someone taps my shoulder, and I turn around, seeing worry in Gyeong-su's eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

I'm not okay.

"I'm fine." I lie, guilt in my eyes.

Su-hyeok was smashing the lock of the door with a crowbar. I looked at my hands, they were shaking alot.

The group was struggling, trying to get the zombies away from the barricade.

I can't help.

I feel too weak.

"It won't open, it must be locked from the outside." Su-hyeok informs, running over to Nam-ra.

As On-jo steps far away from the door, it swings open, shining light onto her face.
She was frozen, staring at the figure on the other side of the door.

"Dad." she murmers, hugging her dad's waist tightly.

My lips curl in a small smile as the two hug eachother.

"Get out!" Su-hyeok yells, Gyeong-su is quick and takes my hand, dragging me out the gym.

Cheong-san swiftly shuts the door.

On-jo and her father exchange words for a few seconds.

"Are you kids okay?" the man asks us.

Everyone nods slowly, but they were obviously hurt inside.

"Yes." Dae-su whispers.

"Good."

After Cheong-san and On-jo's father hug eachother, we start to plan our next move.

"Can you all run?"

"Yes." we reply.

"Good. If you go through the tennis courts and the construction site, you'll reach the mountain. Go over the mountain and get to Yangdong." he explains.

"Mr.Nam!" Cheong-san shouts, his eyes wide.

I could see a zombie behind the tree sprinting over to us.

Mr.Nam is hesitant and runs over to it, grabbing it by leg before swinging it over to the floor, breaking the zombie's leg. My grip on Gyeong-su's hand tightens as I watch the scene.

"Shit, I thought he was going to get bit then." I whisper to myself.

"Kids, run!" Mr.Nam shouts, we all start to get moving.

"Hurry!"

"Run, hurry! To the tennis courts!"

Me and Gyeong-su are infront On-jo and her father, my legs were weak so I tried my best to run quickly.

~

"Get in!" Mr.Nam shouts, grabbing Ha-ri by the arm and pushing her in the tennis courts, quickly shutting the door.

We start running to the over side, but zombies were surrounding the outside.

"Shit, what do we do?" Mi-jin asks.

"I think this is our end, Gyeong-su." I whisper to him.

"Don't say that." he replies, pulling me close.

"We're screwed." Mi-jin murmers, holding her weapon.

I flinch as the horde of zombies manage to break the fucking door and run over to us.
We all step back, Gyeong-su pulling me behind him.