Chapter 1: Success!

Hello, everyone!  Is is the first chapter of my new Fairy Tail NaLu fan fiction!  I hope you all like it!  I dedicate this chapter to LucyAshleyHeartfilia, because she deserves to be dedicated the very first chapter of my new fanfic because she is one of my idols!  Love your stories, Lu-chan! ♡  Feedback is very much appreciated; it tells me if I should keep writing and if you enjoy my stories or not! ^^  I hope you enjoy~!

「Ry-chan」

========================================================================

"Good morning, everyone!"  Lucy exclaimed, sitting down next to Natsu as Erza and Gray turned to look at her.

"Oi!  Mornin' Lucy."  Natsu replied, grinning broadly at her.

"You seem to be in a good mood, Lucy."  Erza replied, smiling.

Lucy nodded, raising her fist into the air enthusiastically.  "Yep!  I'm ready for the day!"

"Let's go on a mission today, then!"  Happy exclaimed, jumping up and down on the table.

Lucy nodded.  "Sounds okay to me."

Natsu slammed his fist into his left hand.  "I'm all fired up!"

________________________________________________________________________

"So, have you found her yet?"  A mysterious man asked, standing in the darkness of the alleyway.

Nearby another man knelt, covered in a hooded-black cloack.  All you could see was his mouth, which was pursed in stress.

"No, sire."  He replied, his voice husky and low.  "Please, be patient."

The first man clicked his tongue, and leaned against the cobble-stoned wall while crossing his arms.  "Patient, you say?"  One of his eyes came into view, and it was nothing but a red circle.  "The Junsuina is needed for this operation, Zeke.  If you, Zeke Loris - leader of Darkauroral - cannot capture her, you will pay the price."

The hooded man - Zeke - was silent for a moment.  Then, he bent his head in surrender.  "Yes, Lord Coven."  He flashed away with a sheet of black, and Lord Coven looked back to the ground.

He smirked, an evil huff serving for laughter escaping his teeth.  "It is almost time..."  He lifted his fist, opening it to reveal a small object.

It was a necklace.  A single rounded jewel rested at the end, as deep red as blood.  The string wrapped around Lord Coven's fingers, small pearls with symbols carved into them along the wire.  It glowed slightly, emitting the same-colored light as the ruby itself.  The lights from the city a ways away made the jewel shine as he moved it in his palm, disappearing as he closed his hand again.

Sliding it into his pocket, he smirked as three more people appeared.  They were in the same hooded cloak as Zeke Loris, their heads bent in respect.

"You're here."  Lord Coven replied, his clothing swiveling in the air as he lifted himself from the wall, turning to face them.

The one in the middle seemed to be in charge.  "Lord Coven.  We were told to assist you.  What do we owe this honor?"

Coven licked his lips.  "I'm afraid your leader will need some help.  Go assist Master Loris; Even though he desires to work alone, tell him I commanded this myself."

"Yes sir."  With a final bow - which they all did simultaneously - they flashed away just like Zeke had.

After a moment of staring at the place the three accomplices disappeared, Coven smirked once more and looked up at the moon.

"Very soon..."  He murmured, the wind blowing his clothes violently.  "...Everything will begin."

________________________________________________________________________

"Get him, Natsu!"  Lucy called, racing after Natsu as he chased after the thief.  "Don't let him get away!"

They dodged food and supply stalls, racing down the hilled-road after the thief, who was a man with short black hair and a long tattoo down his arm.

"Why would I?!"  Natsu exclaimed, dodging chickens and screaming people as he chased after the man with Happy right beside him.  "He ain't gettin' away!"

Lucy panted as she clumsily ran after Natsu; actually dodging things while Natsu pratically ran through them.  "He's a well-known thief named Ion who does crimes in this area, and is a nuisance to the town!  They want him captured to pay for his crimes!"

The thief named Ion looked behind him, chuckling as he jumped on or over more crates, knocking some over to temporarily halt Natsu but even more so for Lucy.

"Like that'll work!"  Natsu exclaimed, pounding his feet against the stone road as they ran through an empty street, gaining in speed.

Ion grinned again, suddenly taking a sharp turn to the left.

"W-What?!"  Natsu exclaimed, trying to come to a stop but tripping and rolling down the hill, yelling all the way down.

"Clumsy Natsu..."  Happy muttered, flying after him.

Ion laughed, taking another turn as he raced away, thinking he gained a victory.  But he widened his eyes as he skidded to a stop, surprise spread across his face.

Lucy stood there, one hand on her hip while the other was holding her activated Etoile Fleuve.  Loke stood behind her, pushing his glasses to the bridge of his nose as the lenses flashed from the sun's glare.  Lucy had a triumphant grin on her face.

She raised Loke's key.  "I've got you now!"

Cracking her whip, she wrapped it around Ion, clapsing him in a firm hold.  Loke knocked him out to keep him from struggling, and then grabbed the rubber of Lucy's whip and pulled him along.

"Alright!"  Lucy exclaimed, mentally patting herself on her back.  "I got him!"

When they emerged from the alleyway, Lucy sweat-dropped when she remembered how Natsu had tumbled down the hill.

She turned to Loke.  "I'm counting on you to take him to the police, okay?"

Loke nodded, swinging the unconscious Ion over his shoulder.  "Count on me."  He disappeared, jumping high into the air as he jumped from building to building, heading back to the center of town.

Lucy clipped her whip back onto her hip, racing steadily down the steep hill as she raced to find Natsu and Happy.

When she got to the bottom, she sweat-dropped again, for Happy and Natsu were both entangled and struggling to get free from a fish net pile.

"How on earth did this happen...?"  Lucy murmured, rubbing the back of her head tiredly.

"This stupid net!"  Natsu exclaimed, fire in his mouth.  "I'll just burn it away!"

"Don't do that!"  Lucy screamed in horror, waving her hands in surrender.  She raised Cancer's key.  "I'll use Cancer to get you out of there..."

With a couple of slices and snips, Natsu and Happy were out of the nets soon enough.

"Thank you, Cancer."  Lucy replied, a grateful look on her face.

"It was no trouble, ebi."  He replied, his glasses shining as he disappeared back into the spirit world.

"Oi, what happened with that thief guy?"  Natsu asked, removing himself from the remaining strands of fish net.

Lucy gave them a cute thumbs up.  "Loke and I captured him!"

Natsu grinned, raising his hand.  "Nice job, Lucy!"

Lucy laughed, giving him a high-five.  "Thanks!"  She put both hands on her hips, the breeze blowing their clothes as they looked up through the city again.  "Loke is wait for us; let's get going and get the payment!"

Natsu raised a fist into the air enthusiastically.  "Alright!"

"Aye!"  Happy exclaimed along with him, and Lucy smiled again as birds flew over their heads.