Chapter 9: The Legend of Daronyt

Hello, everyone! ♥  Here is the next chapter to Fairy Tail: The Luminous Star of Caballeen! ^^  This one is a little longer, so I hope that pleases you. :D  I wrote to one of the co-founders of Wattpad, and they told me the reader count should be fixed soon...let's hope they're telling the truth!  *crosses fingers*  Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to LilyMiki089!  She loves fairy tail, as along with us, hehe!  I love your icon too, Lily-sama!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, mina!  Feedback is very much appreciated, ne?  Until next time!~

♥ ♡ яу-¢нαи ♡ ♥

============================================================

Lucy came to a sudden stop, panting as she let her eyes drag up the building in the middle of the city.  Magnolia Bookstore, it read; Lucy walked somewhat quickly to the door, looking around as she came to a stop a ways in front of the door.  It was smaller than the one that Lucy went to regularly; two shelves lined the walls and there were stairs across the room that led to the second floor of books.  However, there was a desk on the other side of the room, and an employee was residing behind it, scanning books and setting them in stacks.

Lucy jogged lightly over to the woman; she had short black hair and was wearing a library uniform.

"Excuse me,"  Lucy stated.  "I'm here to talke to the manager?  Mr. Fuira Tsuner?"

The woman stopped, looking up from her work.  "He's in the back; follow me."

Turning around, the librarian left abruptly around the corner, and Lucy stumbled after her.  Mary - Lucy saw the woman's name tag - opened the door that came into view, and it swung up to show a man in his eighties sitting behind his desk.  He had glasses on the tip of his nose, and he was writing something on a piece of parchment with stacks of paper scattered on his desk.

"Fuira, you have a visitor."

Fuira Tsuner looked up from his paperwork, and smiled warmly at Lucy.  "Ah, come in child.  What can I do for you?  I don't get visitors very often, otherwise this place would be clean!"  Mary shut the door behind her, leaving Lucy and Fuira alone.

Lucy bowed slightly in respect.  "I don't mind at all.  And thank you for seeing me."

"No problem dear.  Why don't you have a seat?"

Nodding gratefully, Lucy sat in the chair facing Fuira's desk, her face strained and preoccupied.

"Now,"  Fuira set his things aside.  "What can I do for you, child?"

"I met your granddaughter..."  Lucy started, eager to ask Fuira questions.

The old man chuckled.  "Ah, dear old Emily.  Yes, and what about her?"

Lucy continued.  "Well, she told me about an old folke tale you tell her every now and then...T-The Legend of Daronyt?"

Fuira slapped the edge of his desk in amusement and remembrance, slightly making Lucy jump.  "Ah, yes!  I just told her that story a few days ago."

"Well, could you please tell me the same story?"  Lucy asked urgently.  "I need to know all about it!"

He paused.  "Why are you so interested, my dear?"

Lucy stopped, wondering how much she should say.

But before she could say anything, Fuira waved it off.  "Doesn't matter to me, that much.  I'm always happy to spread the tale of Daronyt.  I will tell you the legend."

Lucy sighed with relief, smiling.  "Thank you."

Fuira nodded.  "Well, the story starts a long time ago, about two thousand years into the past..."