Chapter 6: The Intentions of the Enemy!

Hello everyone!  Here is the next chapter, I hope you like it!  I have Track practice again early in the morning, so I won't be able to update till later~  Just thought I'd let you all know! ^^  I dedicate this chapter to kitcat5510, I hope you like my story!  (That is if you're reading it, haha)  Anyways, I hope you all are liking my story so far!  Feedback is very much appreciated!!  Until next time,

「Ry-chan」

=======================================================================

Lucy was in the city now.  She had ran from the guild and to the city, hoping to find a good hiding place there.

But she didn't want to hide; she wanted to help her friends.

Clenching her teeth from wondering what to do, Lucy looked around as she walked through the crowd.  Everyone was being ordinary, going about there buisiness like a normal day.  Commotion was heard everywhere, whether it was people buying things or laughing; just talking while walking back home.

Lucy stumbled upon an alley, and her face turned curious and idealistic once she realized she could try and hide there.  Pushing past people and running across the street, she moved away the clothes hanging from the lines and worked her way inside, the noises becoming slightly muffled as she let the clothes fall back into place like a curtain.  Sighing, she leaned against the cobble-stoned wall, placing her sweaty hands on the cool surface.

I feel like such a coward...  A part of her told herself.

But I was ordered to go...even though I wanted to stay and help.  Another half of her thought.

Sighing again, she let herself slide against the wall and down to the ground.  She pulled her knees up to her chest, and wrapped her arms around them, resting her head in the small space she created.

I hope Natsu and the others are okay.

________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes passed, and Lucy looked up, feeling something watching her.

Her breath caught in her throat.

Standing all the way across the alley was Adamantalia, Red, and Zeke.  They were smiling evily, their faces shadowed and triumphant.

"Found you."  Zeke murmured, his eyes black slits.

Lucy jumped up, her eyes still wide as she backed against the curtain.  "W-What happened to Natsu and the others?"  She murmured, possibilities running through her mind.

Zeke took a single step forward, but it was Adamantalia who spoke.  "They were terminated."

No way!  Lucy abruptly turned, swinging past the curtains and back into the open street.  I have to go to them!

"Watch out!"  Lucy exclaimed, trying her best to push through the crowd of people.  I should'nt have left in the first place!  I am a coward!

She felt slightly more invigorated once the people cleared up and she could run to her full potential.  Still panting slightly from her previous run to escape, Lucy felt her keys jingle against her side.

Should I use them now?  She shook her head.  I have to get to everyone first and help them!

She suddenly gasped, feeling something sharp slide past her shoulder and slice into her skin.

"A-Air?!"  She exclaimed, her eyes wide with surprise and confusion.

Ignoring her new injury, she thrust her head upwards, seeing Zeke kneeling over the side of a building, watching her as if it was pointless to escape and they would catch her anyways.  Adamantalia had her hands on her hips, looking as if she was bored.  Red had a satisfacted grin on his mouth, and his hand was in the motion of lowering to the ground.