Chapter 2: Alafante

Hey guys!  Here is the last chapter for tonight; I should be able to finish my other NaLu fanfiction tomorrow, at least; maybe not.  I have a few things planned tomorrow, I know that much. -.-;  Anyways, I dedicated this chapter to YOAItheaCrumps because she added this story to my library, and has always given me complements!  Thanks soo much~! ♡  Feedback is very much appreciated, as always! ^^ ♥

「Ry-chan」

==========================================================================

"We're back!"  Natsu exclaimed, slamming the doors open to the guild.

"How did it go?"  Mira asked, polishing a set of glasses as Natsu and Lucy approached the bar.

Natsu pumped a fist into the air.  "Peace of cake!"

Lucy sweak-dropped, but took a seat on one of the stools.  Natsu sat next to her, and Mira gave him a few plates of food to eat.  Happy ate a fish next to him, gobbling it down quickly.

Lucy sighed, resting her chin on the heel of her palm.

Mira looked at her with a kind smile.  "You look a little pale, Lucy.  You must be tired; go on home and get some rest."

Lucy looked up in surprise, but then nodded gratefully.  "Alright; thanks Mira."  She climbed off her stool.  "I'll see you all tomorrow!"

Natsu raised his hand in responce, not moving from inhaling his food.

________________________________________________________________________

Lucy sighed happily, walking along the edge of the water way with her arms spread out to the sides of her.  "A nice warm bath is waiting for me at home..."  

Jumping from the railing, Lucy walked to her front door, opening it with her key.  

The lights were off, so she switched them on as she set her side bag on her desk, right next to the novel she was writing.  Which reminded her; she had to add stuff to that later.  Grabbing a towel, she walked into the bathroom, plugging the drain as she turned the water on.  Steam filled the air, and she breathed in the warm air happily.  Setting her belt that contained her wip and keys onto the sink, she waited for the tub to fill up patiently as the sun began to set.

________________________________________________________________________

"Lord Coven, we've found a new location that could contain the Junsuina."

Lord Coven was residing at the top of a roof, looking out over the glow of the city.  The noise from the exciting streets that were tourist attractions echoed through the air, and Coven stared out at them with his face impassive.

It was Zeke who had spoken; the three other members of Darkauroral kneeled behind him, their faces completely hidden from view.

"Where is she?"  Coven huffed, narrowing his eyes as he looked down with disgust at the streets full of excited people.

"Our leads are pointing to Magnolia, sir."

"Somewhere in Magnolia, huh?"  There was a short silence.  "Find her and bring her to me; try and take her without other eye witnesses."

"Sir!"

________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Lucy walked through the wooded path as she saw the guild up ahead, and she smiled slightly.

I wonder what will happen today...  She thought, coming up to the door of the guild.

Opening the door, she walked in and shut the door behind her.

"Lucy!"

Lucy jumped, crying out in surprise as she turned around sharply to see Natsu and Happy right in her face, smiling wickedly.

"N-Natsu!  Don't scare me like that!"

Natsu stepped back, a triumphant grin on his face as he held out a paper in his hand.

Lucy took it puzzedly, flipping it over to the right side.

"It's a mission I got from the board before anyone else could!"  Natsu explained, clenching a fist in determination.  "Look how much pay we get out of it!"

Lucy did so, and nearly fainted when she saw how much they offered.

First off, it was a mission for someone to come and capture a mage who had been hypnotizing people and making them go out and do things for them.  The mage had been robbing stores, houses, whatever place he could steal from.  It was starting to get worse; the crimes getting more and more serious.  They had even tried calling a guild already, but they had failed in catching him.  The pay was Seventy-Thousand Jewels for the mayor's safe return, and to capture the mage who had been doing these crimes.

"Seems like a good one to me!"  Lucy exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as her mind thought about the amount of pay.  "Let's go, Natsu!"

"Hold up; we're going to!"  Gray exclaimed, Erza appearing behind him.

"Sounds like a tough guy to catch; might be interesting."  Erza replied.

"Carla and I want to go to!"  Wendy exclaimed, sliding down from her chair.

"Alright, I'm all fired up!  Let's go, Happy!"

________________________________________________________________________

The city was named Alafante, and it was known for their wide use of magic and shows; it was a main tourist attraction.  People went there from wide distances for the shows and the performances, along with the unique magic items and food.  Natsu, Lucy, and everyone else arrived there after a few hours on a train; also a few hours of everyone trying to make Natsu feel better.  They met with the mayor, and were told where his latest sightings were; in the abandoned part of the city.  Taking the information, the team started to head towards an inn to stay at for the night.

"This inn is supposed to be one of their best."  Erza explained, her eyes shining dramatically.

"And we get our own rooms!"  Lucy exclaimed, excited.

"Not to mention this city is supposed to be really fun when the sun goes down."  Wendy said hopefully.

The inn was three stories high; and it looked out over most of the city.  As everyone waited in the lobby, Erza had stood by the counter and waited to get all their seperate keys.

"Here you are."  Erza replied, walking over and giving Lucy, Natsu, and Gray their keys.  She looked down at Wendy.  "Is it alright if you stay with me, Wendy?  I'd like a friend with me; besides, I still have a bruise on my side I wanted to know if you could get rid of."

Wendy nodded.  "Sure, Miss Erza!"

Erza turned to Natsu and Gray.  "Even though you'll be by yourself, don't make much noise.  We all have rooms next to each other."

"Alright!"  Lucy exclaimed happily.  "I'm going to go ahead up to my room and take a nice hot shower; see you tomorrow, everyone!"

Hurrying up the steps, Lucy pulled her bag up with her as she made her way to the third floor.

"So many stairs..."  Lucy murmured, regaining her breath.

Lucy set the key in front of the latch on the door, and a ring of blue symbols appeared, unlocking the door.

"Everything really is run on magic here..."  Lucy replied, opening the door.

The room was really nice; two comfy beds rested in the middle of the left wall, at least five feet of space in between them.  There was a window-framed door that led to a balcony outside that over looked the town; even though it was sunset and not nighttime, Lucy still thought the view was pretty.  There was a door to her right that led to the bathroom, and another beside it that served as a small closet.  Lucy set her suitcase on one of the beds, letting herself fall onto the other with a quiet thump.

"This is so nice..."  She murmured, blushing slightly with content.