Chapter 14: Disappearance

Kon'nichiwa, mina! ♡  Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy!  Tehee, things are starting to pick up now! ^^  Sorry for the wait, by the way!  I dedicate this chapter to pinkmage, for being such a good friend. c:  I hope you all enjoy, and feedback is very much appreciated~!♥

Until next time,

♥ ♡ яу-¢нαи ♡ ♥

========================================================

The next day, all that was on Lucy's mind was when she needed to depart.  

She didn't want to leave her friends; but she had to.  If she didn't, their lives would surely be in danger.  And Lucy didn't want that.  Thinking back on all the things her friends have done for her, Lucy's determination to protect them grew in her stomach, making up her mind.

Makarov had Reed put up a force field around her home, so Lucy could go home whenever she pleased.  Of course, she had a friend walk with her to her apartment to make sure she was safe.  Thinking back to two days ago, she had planned on leaving the next day, but didn't have a chance.

But now, she did.

"Lucy, are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?"  Natsu asked, biting his cheek stubbornly.

Lucy sighed, counting in her head that this was indeed the sixth time he's asked.  But she wasn't mad though.  She knew Natsu was just concerned.

She turned from opening her apartment door to smile reasurringly at him.  "I promise.  I'll see you two tomorrow, okay?"

After a few minutes of silence Natsu - after trying to decide if he should argue any further - finally nodded, smiling slightly.  "Yeah, see you."

Natsu and Happy watched as Lucy waved, shutting the door behind her.

"Nat-zu, do you think Lucy really is okay?"  Happy murmured, staring at the door with his eyebrows creased in slight worry.

Natsu looked down at Happy, slightly surprised.  "She said she was, didn't she?"

"Yeah..."  Happy replied, still not entirely convinced.

"C'mon."  Natsu replied, waving his hand in a 'hurry' guesture.  "Let's go!"

"Aye!"

________________________________________________________________________

Lucy sighed, sliding against the back of the door and to the ground in a crouch.  She heard Natsu and Happy's voices fading as they pounded away, and Lucy stared at the redenning sky through her window as she waited for dead quiet.

After a few moments of silence, Lucy climbed back up, walking over to her bed and sitting down on it sadly.  Resting her elbows on her knees as she leaned slightly forward, Lucy narrowed her eyes sadly at what she was about to do.  The image of the drawn-picture from her dream flashed through her mind, and it gave her the courage to stand.  Deciding to grab half the money she's saved for rent, Lucy grabbed a phthalo-green cloack and draped it over her shoulders, leaving her hood down for the time being.  Leaving a indescriptive note on her desk, Lucy stood by the door, swallowing heavily as she reached for the door knob.

Walking outside to the darkening sky, she pulled out Loke's key.

"I summon the gate of the lion, Leo!"  She exclaimed.

When Loke appeared, he looked surprised at Lucy's appearance and the lack of danger in the area.

"What is it, Lucy?"  He asked, raising his eyebrows in confusion.  "What did you summon me for?  Are you alright?"

Lucy nodded quietly.  "Listen, Loke.  Please."

After Lucy told him what has happened this entire time, from the attack to the visions to her decision, Loke looked astounded.  

"How come you never summoned us to help you, Lucy?!"  Loke asked, feeling slightly betrayed.

"Because I wanted to tell you what I did now."  Lucy replied, looking sad.  "I trust you not to tell anyone from the guild where I'm going, alright?  You know what will happen if you do tell them."

Loke nodded, though it was a hesitant movement.  "I'll tell the others the story you just told me.  But please, Lucy, call us when you need help!  We're here for you, remember?"

Lucy smiled softly.  "I will, thanks."

Loke disappeared with a flash of light, and Lucy looked up at the orange sky, which had white whispy clouds decorating it prosperously.

"I'm sorry, everyone."  She murmured, the wind blowing her hair.  "I have to go now."

She turned in the direction to leave town.

Goodbye, everyone.

________________________________________________________________________

The next day, during the afternoon, Natsu and Happy sat a table in the guild, looking extremely bored.

"What is it, Natsu?"  Mira asked, walking up to him while carrying a rag to wipe the tables.

Natsu grumbled.  "There's nothing to do!"

Mira raised an eyebrow, smiling.  "Why don't you go on a mission with Lucy, Natsu?  It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

Natsu thought it over.  "That sounds like a good idea to me!  Anything to keep myself from being bored!"

Mira chuckled as Happy called for Natsu to wait, but Natsu kept on running.  "Those two are so lively.."

Running through the woods, Natsu was determined to ask Lucy to go on a job with him.  After all, they were partners and needed to work together.  Maybe it would even cheer Lucy up, since Natsu knew she had been down about the visions Zeke had shown her.

He still couldn't believe that the Daronyt thing was going on.  Like really, when were they going to take action?!  Since it had been proven by Lucy that Zeke really was going through with this crap, why was Makarov holed up with the council?  Was he trying to figure out what to do?

"Hurry up, Happy!"  Natsu called over his shoulder, clearing his frustrated thoughts to feel excited to see Lucy again.

"I'm right behind you, silly!"

Coming to a stop in front of Lucy's apartment, Natsu extended out his hand slowly, narrowing his eyes in concentration.

A small electric shock flitted through Natsu's hand when he touched the barrier around Lucy's home, but it didn't hurt him since Reed had programed it for Zeke and other Dark Magic Users.  Smiling since it was still secure, Natsu totally ignored Lucy's comments about "coming through the door" and jumped to the window.  The curtain was in front of him, so he couldn't see in.  Knocking on the window, Natsu tried to peak through the curtains as Happy flew up to his side, but with no success.  

"Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed.  "Are you still sleeping?  C'mon, open the window!"  

Knocking again, he waited for an answer but none came.  He tried pulling open the window, and it did so after a few hefty tugs.  But just then did Natsu realize that the window was locked shut.

And he just broke that window.

Feeling a lecture coming on, Natsu nervously climbed inside.

"Oi, Lucy!"  Natsu called again, tripping over the window opening and falling face-first onto her bedsheets.

"Where is she, Natsu?"  Happy asked, entering.

Natsu sat up, looking around.  "I don't know."  He stood, walking over to the bathroom.  "She isn't in the bathroom."

"Or the kitchen!"  Happy exclaimed, and they met back by her table.

"Lucy's...gone?"  Natsu murmured, confused.

"Natsu, look!"  Happy exclaimed, holding up a sheet of paper.

Natsu took it, running his eyes over it.

His expression solidfied into fury, with slight fear in his eyes.

"What the--?!"  He exclaimed.  "No way!"