Chapter 8: A New Lead

Hello, mina!  Wow, it's been a few days! ^^;  Sorry for the delay; been busy, tests, yada yada yada...  But finally, here is the next chapter!<3  Oh, I've got good news, mina!  

NEWS:

I've been told how much you guys don't want me to stop writing NaLu fanfictions a lot, and I just wanted to repay by saying I have four more NaLu fanfictions coming out!!  *Cheers*  In the next chapter I will give you a "sneak peek" of each story, alright?  The sneak peek will be me giving you the names of all four!  Well, how does that sound to you?  Please give me your thoughts!  

-End News-

Moving on, I dedicate this next chapter to evangelinerun!  Thank you for being a fan of mine. :')  I hope you all enjoy, ne?  Feedback is very much appreciated, arigato!!

♥ ♡ R y - c h a n ♡ ♥

======================================================================

Lucy told him everything she saw.  

Well, almost everything.

She didn't want to tell Makarov about...that..vision, because she was sure it would shake him more than it did her, despite how deeply frightened she truly was.  As she told her story, tears gathered in her eyes and her hands shook more violently.

"I don't know what to do..."  Lucy replied shakily, rubbing her eyes.  "What should we do, Master?"

Makarov's face was strained.  "Well, Lucy..there is the possibility that Zeke showed you those images just to break you down."

"I think they're real...."  Lucy murmured softly, half to herself.  "But despite who's right - if that's true - then why me?  Why is it me that he's after, and why in the world would he show me images like...those?"

Makarov was silent for a moment, sighing slowly.  "I truly don't know, Lucy.  But if what you saw is true...well, we can't take any chances.  We should go back and tell everyone else what is going on."

Lucy had previously kept her hands relaxed and in her lap, but now she clenched them very slightly.

"Let's go, Lucy."  Makarov replied, starting to turn away.

"Actually..."  Lucy replied, standing up with her eyes covered in shadow.  "I think I have to go somewhere."  Without waiting for a reply, Lucy walked away in the other direction.

Away from the guild.

Makarov widened his eyes in surprise.  "Lucy, where are you going?  We need to go back and--"

Lucy stopped.  "I have to check on something."

Makarov watched as she just...continued to away.

________________________________________________________________________

He doesn't believe something like that could happen...  Lucy thought, walking through the woods on the path that would lead her back to her apartment.  I know it's a little overwhelming and hard to believe, but I've never felt so strongly about something before in my life!  I'm sure something's up!

Lucy felt the cobble-stoned road between her shoes as she entered the city, and continued to walk on the sidewalk and away from the crowd.

"...can you believe that?"  A teen girl muttered, sitting at a cafe table with one of her friends.