Chapter 18: Uncovered

Hello, mina!♥ Woah, it's been a few days, huh? ^^;  Sorry for the slow update; was incredibly busy this week!  I've had a lot going on, and wasn't able to update, so gomenasai!  Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to fairytailnalu1, thanks for the fan and the complements on my stories! c:  So, I hope you all enjoy, and I'm sure I'll be updating again soon~♡  Feeback is very much appreciated, don't forget!! c:  Until next time, mina!

♥ ♡ яу-¢нαи ♡ ♥

====================================================

Lucy recalled everything that has happened to her in such a short period of time; the large amount of success she was able to obtain.

Three days ago...

Lucy sighed as she sat down on the train, brushing the hair out of her eyes.  Looking out the window, she realized she had made it just in time for the departure.  Clutching the sides of her hooded-cloak for comfort, Lucy suddenly felt alone.  She didn't want the guild to worry, not at all.  But the biggest thing that mattered right now was saving their lives.  If she could just---

The unfamiliar city began to darken as it began to rain, pooring across the streets and down the road.  Lucy stood in the middle of the street, clothed just like she was in reality.  Shocked, Lucy's breath catched as she blinked in surprise.  Turning, she saw that the town was completely deserted; empty.

"Hello..?"  She yelled over the roar of the rain.

All of the sudden Lucy was surrounded by the ruined versions of the previous homes; they were burnt, on fire, and completely destroyed.

Before Lucy could cry out, the buildings disappeared and were replaced by..

The guild.

Feeling relieved to be back home, Lucy jogged to the front door.

"Everyone!"  She called, her face alightas she swung the door open.  "I'm so glad you're--"

She gasped.

It was empty; no one was there.

When she turned to try and look behind her, she screamed at the image before her.  Blackness surrounded her, but there was a short illumination to show her friends; her family!

They were dead.

Lucy exclaimed loudly, flying out of the vision with a yelp.  As she panted heavily from the pounding of her frightened heart, her knees shook from drained energy as she recalled the vision again.

The same one...  She thought softly, clenching her teeth.  It seems to get more and more painful everytime I see it.

Before she could stop it, however, she was thrown into another vision.

Lucy was in the middle of the same forest from her previous dream.  The foreboding calls of wild creatures in the distance echoed through the trees, making Lucy clutch her arm in fright.

Caballeen...

Stopping abruptly, Lucy ran the word through her mind again.

Being thrown from the vision, Lucy collapsed to her knees as the whistle blew for departure.

Caballeen?  She thought, her eyes wide.  Is that...the name of the forest I was in?  Her expression suddenly turned hard.

Guess I'll have to find out.