Trouble...

Aurora's POV

"I'm not going to get it checked out River and that's final" I say, marching up his driveway. 

"It could be broken, we need to get it checked" he insists for about the hundredth time since we left the party.

"River, please shut up about it. I'm going to put some ice on it" I tell him, making my way into the house. 

I make my way into the Kitchen and immediately reach for the first frozen thing in the freezer. I wrap up the bag of frozen vegetables in a cloth and place it on my hand. Even more pain gathers in my hand and I let out a groan.

"Please can we get it checked" River whispers, clearly hoping for a different answer than the last how many times I told him no. 

Suddenly, the lights in the house turn on and someone walks into the kitchen. I keep my back facing the doorway because I know it's Grey and I can't be bothered to deal with him. 

"What on earth are you two arguing about, I could hear you from down the road" he questions, making his way round, so that he's facing me. 

As Grey stands in front of me, he notices the cloth on my hand. He reaches down lifting the cloth from my hand and I wince. I watch as he stares at my hand, he's looking at it way to intensely. After what feels like hours, he slowly lifts his head, his narrowed blue eyes pinning me into place. 

"What the fuck happened to your hand?" he asks me. 

I stare at him with a blank expression. If I'm being honest, I'm still pissed at him for trying to tell me what I can and can't wear. So, I just stand there in silence, hoping he'll get bored and go back to bed. 

"It's my fault" River speaks up. 

I roll my eyes and shake my head, it is so not his fault. 

"What do you mean it's your fault? What did you do to her?" Grey hisses, whipping his face around to his brother. 

"It's not his fault, I punched Kade in the face at the party" I interrupt, grabbing the frozen vegetables and placing them back on my hand.

Grey turns to face me with a shocked expression, like he can't believe what he just heard. 

"Why did you punch Kade?" Grey asks slowly. Does he think I'm stupid? I hurt my hand, I don't have bloody concussion. 

I sigh and rub my uninjured hand down my face. 

"Basically, I was dancing with a guy and we started to kiss and Kade got pissed about it. I told him to walk away and a few words were exchanged, which then resulted in him shoving River to the floor, so I punched him in the face" I explained, shrugging my shoulders at him.

"You kissed someone?" he grits to me. 

I know he isn't pissed about me kissing someone, over the fact that Kade shoved River. 

Also, he has no right to be pissed when less than about 5 hours ago, he was practically banging someone on the kitchen counter. 

"Yes, I kissed someone, but's that's not the point here" I inform him. 

I watch closely as he takes deep breaths. I've only told him I kissed someone, not that I killed the family dog or anything. Talk about being dramatic much. 

"Let me get this straight. You kissed someone and Kade got pissed. This then turned into an argument, which resulted in River getting shoved to the ground, to which you returned the gesture and decided to punch Kade in face?" he questions. 

I nod my head at him because that's exactly what happened.

"Nobody touches River" I state. 

"Nobody touches River?" he repeats, staring intensely at me.

"If River get's hurt, then so do they. I don't regret doing it, I'll do it again if I have to" I shrug. 

Grey pinches the bridge of his nose. "You broke your hand because he shoved River. Have you heard yourself!" He yells at me. 

"If you yell at me one more time, then I can ensure you I will break my other hand when I break your nose" I scream at him. How dare he speak to me like that when I was protecting his brother. 

I'm instantly startled when Grey's hand smacks against the kitchen counter with a loud thud. I make eye contact with him to see him glaring at me. The look that he is giving me is enough to send shivers down my spine. 

"I'm not pissed that you were protecting River. I'm pissed at the fact that this all started because you couldn't control yourself and kissed someone" he yells at me. 

I laugh, a high pitched laugh. I seriously cannot believe what he has just said. 

"Let me get one thing clear in that pretty little head of yours Greyson. I am single. If I want to kiss someone I will. You have no damn right to call me out when less that 5 hours I walked in on you banging someone on the kitchen counter." I state, maintaining eye contact. 

I watch as his eyes soften and a guilty look overtakes his features. 

Just as Grey is about to open his mouth to speak, I hear the front door open. I whip my head around and watch as a bloody Kade enters the house with a smug looking Brianna. 

Why is he bloody?

Kade comes to a halt when he takes in the scene in front of him and whilst he's doing this, I'm trying to control my breathing because I am about 10 seconds away from pouncing on that smug looking bitch standing next to him. 

My view of both of them is blocked when River positions himself in front of me. 

"Get out of my house Brianna" I hear River rumble and it even makes me step back from how dark his voice sounded. 

I peek my head around and watch as she slowly makes her way over to River. Before she can get any closer I push River behind me. Over my dead body is she getting near him. 

Brianna stops, kissing her teeth. "Not excited to see me Aurora?" She laughs. 

I move my head looking towards the right. If I just ignore her, then I can make it out of this kitchen without getting into another fight. 

"Aw are you ignoring me Aurora? Ignoring me how your daddy ignores you. Oh wait, my bad. I forgot he was dead for a second" She sniggers. 

I turn my head that fast that I'm sure I've gave myself whiplash. She's a dead woman. Nobody speaks about my father.