(PA) 101. The breaking after the breakup

Alternate title: The box

This is pure angst pure angst. As in there are trigger warnings.

TW: depression, self-harm, self-hatred, suicidal thoughts.

Also, this was not made because we found out Tommy has a girlfriend. This is entirely different. I had to clarify that before any assumptions are made.

Either this will be terrible or good. So, sorry in advance! And thank you for your request!

Prompt:

The blonde is cleaning his desk. His parents started to get organizers, and it somehow convinced him to do it on his own. He was broken up with a few months ago by his ex-girlfriend on the bus the month after being together for half a year. It was his first-ever significant other, and she was the one to ask him out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Third-person point of view*

The blonde was dreading the next day. He had to go back to school and pretend to like people he hates. He hasn't even finished his homework for Spanish. It's safe to say that he hates that teacher the most.

He expected himself to finish taking out everything from the cajons (Damn Spanish) before taking a break, but it didn't work out.

He opened a drawer that is filled with stuff for crafts. It was used so many times that the knob fell off. Tommy ended up not being able to find it, but it still works.

When he reached into the back of it, his hand touched a box. It was a small and crappy box he had made for a project in grade 7 for robotics. During summer, he was glad that he hadn't thrown it away as he used it to fill it up with jewelry he made for his ex.

He loved her with all his heart. He had a crush on her after just a few months of being friends. She may have been a complete asshole, but they were great friends.

In March, she got their mutual friend to tell Tommy that she liked him and wanted to get together. The poor boy was excited, but it was quickly overshadowed by him thinking thoughts such as, 'Is she lying?'

It was in the fourth period, the last one, but sadly he and said mutual friend had to stay after school. There was no time to have a chat with his future ex.

Their friend ended up missing her after-school bus, but she said it was worth it to get two love birds together.

For a while, Tommy thought it was going amazing. They would call, text until 3 in the morning, and talk as much as they could in classes and lunch. She was his light and ended up saving him from an unhealthy lifestyle of not eating enough on weekdays and eating too much on weekends.

And on the last day of school, he even watched lord of the rings at her house. He hated action movies, and those that had too much lore to remember, but he did it for her. He would bring candy to school, and pretend he didn't like it to give it to her.

What he didn't realize was that her mental health was going down as his was going up.
Personal issues arrived such as family, sleep deprivation, not eating enough, etc. Basically everything she had before was worsening, and he couldn't help her anymore.

He was told by her, that she couldn't handle the pressure of being a partner to someone. After the breakup, it seemed like she only figured herself out, as if he was holding her back.

She is genderfluid. She went from being confused to knowing her identity, sexuality, new name, and even coming out.

And to his friends, it seemed like even he was too. He figured out that he was pansexual, he hasn't had a crush on a single person before his ex, and he hates sexual intercourse.