Nightmares

My father was screaming, trying to get ahold of himself. I was tearing up in the corner of the room, unable to do anything about the situation I was in.
Papa? I tried to speak, but no sound ever came out.
I was so desperate to try and help but something was holding me back.
I turned around to meet the gorgeous pair or hazel eyes I had grown to with. Mama.
She was holding me back and I tried to cover my eyes with my hands, to shield my mind from the gruesome scene in front of me.
Papa was holding a gun up to his head.
Within seconds, papa had shot himself, and I was sitting right beside him, holding what remained of his head.
"NO!NO!NOO!!!" I screamed. I watched in pure terror as mama reached for the gun, still In papa's hand, and aimed it towards me.

"Rose! Rose! Please wake up! You're dreaming!" I heard a familiar voice shake me awake.
I fluttered my eyes open slowly.
I looked up to see Peter's face hovering over mine, wearing a worried expression.
"Peter? Oh Peter It was terrible. m- my mum. she, she was gonna k-kill me." I said, light sobs escaping my lips.
"Shh shh it's okay. I'm here." Peter cooed.
A soft kiss was placed on my hair, where Peter would always kiss me.
"I love you Rosey.", He said, using the precious nickname he always used for me.
"Love you too Peter. Thank you."
He laid down beside me on our bed, and wrapped his arms around my back, pulling me closer to him. I buried my head in his chest and we lay there the rest of the morning.