Chapter Four

When you finally open your eyes again, you find yourself in a strange yet familiar room.

The second thing you notice is the cold air stinging your face and numbing your body despite your discovery of many layers of clothing being put on you while you were out.

You attempt to get up from the bed you're lying on, but find your arms chained down.

Were you taken prisoner by the Fatui?

After waiting for a few minutes, a tall woman with short ice white hair with a black streak on one end enters your room.

Her dark gaze is cold as she looks you up and down.

What do you say to a threatening yet beautiful person like her?

"So you're the one who caused Tartaglia all that trouble in Liyue. I must say, I'm a little proud... But I digress." She quickly reaches for you and aggressively grabs you by the collar, pulling on your skin and hair. "You, (Y/N), are to be but on trial before the Tsaritsa."

She drags you to an open room, similar to a chapel, despite your protests.

After looking around the empty room, she attaches your chains to small hooks in the ground, forcing you to kneel on the cold stone floor.

"Now you get to wait here until the rest of the Harbingers assemble." The woman says. "Don't think of causing any more trouble."

"Wh-where is this?" You finally ask.

A strange look of confusion crosses her face for a split second before it's covered up by her usual straight face.

"Zapolyarny Palace, Snezhnaya. I thought you'd know that, being Snezhnayan and all that." She walks over to one of the pews and sits down, clearly waiting.

Of course you should have known, but you've never actually been to Zapolyarny Palace before, so how could you know by pure visuals?

Wait...

Did they find Aleksei or did he manage to escape?

You don't dare ask in case they didn't find him.

You kneel in silence for a moment before a new voice speaks up, surprising you a little.

"Oh ho? So this is the little troublemaker. Such a pretty face too, it's quite a shame that they are going to be executed." You turn your head to see an attractive black haired man walk up to you.

He lifts your chin to look at you better and you glare at him.

He smiles.

"Quite the catch..." He mutters before leaving you be.

What is it with these Harbingers and flirting with you?

"Hey Arlecchino, do you think that they are...." He trails off.

Does he think that you are what?

"Don't make me beat your ass again, Pantalone. How the hell would I know? I didn't ask for them to become my problem." Arlecchino, the white haired woman snaps.

"You are so bitter all the time and for what? Is it not possible for you to make an educated guess?" Pantalone, the black haired man asks.

"I swear on her majesty's name if you don't shut the fuck up right now I'll-" Arlecchino stops.

"You know, they say that people who argue like you two do are actually flirting." You say.

Arlecchino's face turns red and Pantalone gives a little laugh.