Chapter Eleven

Your first problem appears almost the first second you step off the boat.

That problem is the Vision Hunt Decree.

"What do you mean I can't leave?" You ask the guard at the entrance to Ritou.

"S-sorry, uh. Sir? Ma'am?" He stutters. "Tourists can't leave Ritou. It's the rules."

"I'm not a tourist. I'm trying to meet up with someone." You explain.

The guard shakes his head.

"Sorry. No exceptions." He says, stopping abruptly after exceptions.

"And yet there are exceptions, yes? Who's qualified for that?" You ask.

"Uh, well, of course if you're from Inazuma, or if you're part of the Fatui, considering they've allied with the Tenryou Commission. But don't tell anyone I told you this." The guard says.

Part of the Fatui?

You smile.

"Lucky me! I am part of the Fatui!" You exclaim. "So let me through."

"You are?" The guard asks in disbelief.

You nod.

"The tenth harbinger sent me here. You can find someone of the Fatui and ask them if I'm telling the truth, if you want." You say.

The guard shakes his head.

"I need no confirmation from Fatui members. I always get in trouble with their Harbingers for asking for proof. I'm not doing that again." He says.

Your smile grows wider.

"Oi! Takatsuki! What are you doing?" Another guard asks, walking up to you. "You need to get proof, scared or not. Honestly. Who are you more afraid of invoking the wrath of? Some Fatui Harbinger or the Shogun herself?"

The first guard, Takatsuki, stands up straight again and nods.

"Th-that's right! I need a form of proof!" He says nervously yet assertively.

You're about to come up with an excuse when you sense a presence behind you.

"They need no form of proof. I am vouching for them." A familiar voice says.

You turn to see Arlecchino standing behind you and your heart turns over in your chest.

"L-lady Harbinger!" Takatsuki exclaims.

To your surprise, Arlecchino softens.

"I won't get mad at you today, but if someone says they're part of the Fatui, they are a part of the Fatui. And if they're lying, well...we deal with them." She says.

The two guards nod gratefully and you and Arlecchino successfully leave Ritou.

As you walk towards Inazuma City, you absentmindedly pet Kirika, who had shifted into a fox and curled up in your pocket.

"I'm glad to see you're not dead." Arlecchino says, breaking the silence.

"Nope. I'm tough." You say with a smile. "Cold water has got nothing on me."

"What happened to the girl you jumped over to save?" Arlecchino asks.

"I'll tell you about that later. How's everyone else?" You ask, your unspoken question running over and over through your head.

Arlecchino smiles.

"Do not worry, Columbina is fine. I managed to assure her that you'd be fine. That Aleksei boy also helped." She says.