Chapter Twelve

Both Arlecchino and Columbina stand up in perfect synchronization.

"You've got a lot of nerve, asking that." Arlecchino says coldly.

"You know damn well that if we were to fight, I'd win." Columbina says immediately after.

"You might win, yes, but remember, I am a puppet. I cannot die. Even if you were to kidnap me and take me away, you'd still be found out." Scaramouche says with a shrug. "Pick your poison, I guess."

You stand up as well, and look Scaramouche directly in his blue eyes.

"Don't worry about me. I'll go with him. But I'll be fine. I doubt he'll do anything that bad anyways." You say.

You feel Columbina grab your arm.

"No way! That's ridiculous. I won't let us keep getting separated!" She says.

"Well, if you come with me, you can fulfill your promise on going back to see that white haired guy." Scaramouche says.

Is he talking about Kazuha?

"So? Which will it be?" Scaramouche asks.

Both Columbina and Arlecchino glare at the the shorter man in cold silence.

Finally, the silence is broken.

"How do we know you won't kill them?" Aleksei asks.

"You don't." Scaramouche says simply.

"I'll tell you what. You can have (Y/N) for the time being, but I'm coming too. I'm just a Fatuus that got wrapped up in all this. I'm not a threat." Aleksei says.

Scaramouche scoffs at Aleksei's words.

"You? Just a Fatuus? Do you really think you're fooling me with that act?" Scaramouche asks.

What?

What does he mean by that?

Scaramouche glances at you for a split second before continuing.

"But, I digress. I guess that'll work. But mark my words, one wrong move and...well...heh, you don't want to find out exactly how much electro forced into a human's body it takes to kill them." He says.

"Ugh! Why do people keep taking (Y/N) from me?" Columbina cries.

"Don't throw a tantrum, Damselette. It'll only make you look even uglier." Scaramouche says with a laugh.

How dare he say that about your sister?

"Well then. We have a deal. For now I'll hold up my end of the bargain. I don't know how long Dottore will stay in the dark, however." Scaramouche says.

"Did he come here too?" Columbina asks, seeming to have forgotten her hatred towards the Balladeer.

"No, but he's been extra diligent in monitoring me for some reason." Scaramouche says.

"And that only started happening more after you arrived in Inazuma." Arlecchino says.

"Go back to Fontaine, Knave. There's nothing left here for you." Scaramouche says.

He then turns on his heel, an impressive feat to accomplish in sandals, and your vision turns electro purple.

When your eyes finally clear, you find yourself in a very dark room.

A sound from in front of you catches your attention, and you look up to see Scaramouche walking in front of you across foggy ground to a large tree branch.

"Where are we? Where's Aleksei?" You ask.

"You're bold. This is the Delusion Factory. And I left that Aleksei elsewhere in the factory." Scaramouche says.