Chapter Seven

You wake up in the middle of the night, prepared to meet Arlecchino.

Both you and her need to convince Columbina to leave with you in a timely fashion.

You slip on your shoes and quietly leave your room.

Walking down the dark and silent halls of Zapolyarny Palace, you mentally go through the layout of this place that Arlecchino gave you.

Finally, you reach your meeting spot.

"Well, aren't you the punctual one." Arlecchino says. "Are you ready?"

Then you remember Aleksei.

You can't leave him here alone after escaping. They'll blame him for sure.

"Almost. Do you know a member named Aleksei?" You ask.

Arlecchino thinks for a moment and then nods.

"Why?" She asks.

"He needs to come with us." You whisper. "He's my friend."

Arlecchino considers this for a moment.

"We'll pick him up after convincing Columbina to leave with us." She finally says.

"Shall I go get her?" You ask.

"Do you remember where she'd be?" Arlecchino asks.

You nod.

"Then go get her. But be back quickly. I don't want a messy escape. And be quiet about it." Arlecchino demands.

You nod respectfully and walk over to Columbina's quarters.

You approach the agent guarding her door.

"Who are you? What do you want with Lady Columbina?" The agent asks.

"I'm (Y/N), Columbina's twin. I need to speak with her. It's urgent." You say in a commanding fashion despite whispering.

The agent is silent for a moment before nodding and stepping aside, grumbling about people being up at the witching hour.

You smile and enter your sister's dimly lit room.

You find her sitting on a chair, holding what looks to be ruin guard's arm in her hands.

She looks up at you and her face lights up.

"(Y/N)! Why in the Tsaritsa's name are you up so early? Well, it must be important. Sit with me and tell me what you need from me." Columbina says, nodding at the chair across from her.

You oblige and sit down.

"So, what's up?" She asks cheerfully.

"Bina...listen to me and listen carefully. Arlecchino and I are going to escape. She says Her Majesty has good intentions, but the way she's going about it...her rebellion against the divine will never succeed. Snezhnaya will very well be reduced to the same state as Khaenri'ah. Arlecchino believes we can succeed if we jump ship and start our own rebellion. But we both want you to come with us." You say.

Columbina's smile fades and her eyes darken.

"You're betraying her majesty? After all this? After being sentenced to death? You didn't even bother to look for me for twelve years! Why would I, the third Fatui Harbinger, ever betray her Majesty? The only one who cares about me?" She says.

Your heart breaks at Columbina's spiteful words towards you.

"I didn't look for you because I was fucking seven years old! Of course I'd believe father when he told me you died. I was never told why he was summoned to Zapolyarny Palace and never came back." You say.