Chapter Thirteen

"Hey! Wait! This wasn't part of the agreement! We aren't supposed to leave Inazuma!" You cry as Scaramouche drags you away from the Delusion Factory.

"You're mine now. That's what we agreed to. I never said anything about not leaving, nor when I would release you." Scaramouche says.

"Well...you still have to take Aleksei with you. That's what you promised." You say.

Scaramouche sighs.

"As much as I'd love to say I only agreed to take him with us to the Delusion Factory, he should be returned to Dottore anyways." He says. "I'll get an agent to escort him later. We're going now, before anything too bad happens."

You bite your lip.

Arlecchino said she basically called Nils here too.

Would you still not be able to see your best friend?

As if your thoughts had summoned him, a slash of pure anemo flies past you, severing Scaramouche's arm at the elbow.

His hand lets go of your arm as it's disconnected from his body and lands on the grass.

You stifle a scream.

A green and brown colored figure lands gracefully in front of you.

"What. Are. You. Doing. To. My. Best. Friend?" The boy asks coldly as Scaramouche takes a step back, shock and sick awe shining in his blue eyes.

"Oh? And you are?" Scaramouche asks.

"Nils!" You say almost immediately after.

"I came for you, (Y/N). These lackeys of the Tsaritsa won't hurt you any more." Nils days, his blue eyes beginning to glow green.

"Oh yeah? Well get this, they gave themself to me." Scaramouche says triumphantly.

"I'll never believe that!" Nils says angrily.

"Nils...I...I did trade myself to him. I got in trouble with the Tsaritsa. It's hard to explain." You say nervously.

Nils turns to you.

"It doesn't matter. You belong to Barbatos. He sent me to come get you." He says.

Scaramouche scoffs.

"That worthless god has no right to claim anything. Besides, even so, fundamentally they belong to the Tsaritsa." He says.

Nils aggressively grabs your hand.

"That's a shame. Well, it doesn't matter anyways because I'm taking (Y/N) back to Mondstadt right now.

"Nils, don't. You'll only get us in more trouble. If I listen to him, no one will get hurt. At least, if they do, it won't be my fault." You say.

"Stop it. You can't keep throwing yourself into danger to protect others. You need to up start caring more about yourself." Nils says.

"Nils, I want to do this. If you really care about me so much, let me do this." You say.

Nils stares at you with emotionless deep blue eyes and your heart twists in your chest.

Did you just make him mad at you?

Finally, he speaks.

"When did you become so manipulative, (Y/N)? You're using guilt and threatening our friendship, and for what? So you can have your way? Since when did you become so toxic? What did they do to you?" Nils asks.

"I-I'm not toxic! You just don't understand!" You cry, becoming nervous.

"I think we're done here. Adios, anemo boy." Scaramouche says.