Chapter Five

You watch in horror as your dear presumed dead twin sister pleads with her Archon for your life.

"I...I'll do anything. You can even take my life instead. Just please....please don't hurt them." Columbina pleads.

"Oh ho? Is the Damselette herself really defending another?" The toothpaste blue haired man taunts.

Arlecchino smacks him hard in the back of the head.

"Don't fucking say that to her." She snaps.

"Silence." The Tsaritsa orders.

The toothpaste blue haired man and Arlecchino instantly shut up.

"Damselette, what is the meaning of this? Haven't you been taught to not disobey her Majesty's orders?" The grey haired man with the half mask asks your sister.

She raises her head slowly.

"My sincere apologies, Jester, but it is mere fact that I would fight everyone in this room to defend (Y/N)'s life." Columbina responds coolly.

The grey haired man's strange ice blue eyes widen in anger.

He opens his mouth, most likely to reprimand her, but the Tsaritsa raises a hand.

"Columbina...we can't keep a traitor alive. You must understand this." The Tsaritsa says calmly.

"But I know (Y/N) isn't a traitor. You just haven't given them a reason to trust us yet. But now that we're together again, I know for a fact that they'll never think about betraying the Fatui. Besides, (Y/N) is a great fighter too, with an amazing mental fortitude. I'm sure they'll be an invaluable asset to the Fatui." Columbina bargains.

Your knees begin to feel as though they're freezing off due to the cold floor.

You've been kneeling on the floor far too long.

The Tsaritsa narrows her eyes at your twin.

But you sense no malevolence or anger radiating from her.

"That's ridiculous." The grey haired man says coldly.

"Now now, Pierro. Columbina here has been a fine soldier for the Fatui for years. I think we can give her a chance. After all, I myself am interested in poor (Y/N) here. Besides, it would be cruel to separate them from their dear twin sister after so long a time presuming her dead." The Tsaritsa says sweetly. "You are a child of the ice after all, (Y/N)"

You hate to admit it but the Tsaritsa is right.

You want nothing more than to hug your sister and catch up with her, maybe get the answer to why your father told you she was dead.

"Sandrone." The Tsaritsa says suddenly.

The girl with ashy blond hair who was sitting on a robot raises her head in surprise.

"Yes, your Majesty?" She asks

"You will be responsible for (Y/N) here. Take them, and train them to be a loyal Fatui soldier just as you would program your robots." The Tsaritsa commands.

Sandrone eyes you carefully.

She doesn't look displeased...simply...curious.

She smiles with narrowed eyes.

"Yes, your Majesty." Sandrone says.

"Now listen, (Y/N). If you perform an act of betrayal during the three months I am giving you to prove your trustworthiness, one single act of betrayal, we will go through with your execution. If not however, we will welcome you as a full member of the Fatui, and may you one day rise to the rank of harbinger, just like your sister." The Tsaritsa says.