Chapter 8

Manik, despite having been gifted a luxurious bungalow filled with all the modern amenities and elegant decor by Karan Varma, and even with a dining table set with delicious food, still could not shake off the feeling of emptiness and lack of purpose in his life. Despite all the comfort and opulence surrounding him, he couldn't shake off the feeling of hollowness inside of him, the overwhelming sense of emptiness. The material possessions seemed to hold little meaning or value to him, unable to fill the void he was feeling inside.

With the weight of his loneliness and emptiness bearing down on him, Manik reached for his phone. As he dialed Nandini's number, a glimmer of hope fluttered in his chest. He was eager to hear her voice and perhaps, through speaking with her, he might find some solace for the pain he was feeling inside. The phone rang a few times, and Nandini answered on the other end, He felt a sense of relief wash over him, as he began to speak with her.

Hi, Nandini, how are you?" Manik asked, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"I was just about to call you, Manik," Nandini replied on the other end of the line.

Had dinner?" Manik asked, trying to make small talk and shift the conversation to something more light-hearted.

"Yaa just now! How about you?" Nandini replied.

Before he asks anything, she said "Today I went to your home as your sister invited me, and while I was there, I heard your financial bankers talking with your father. Your dad seemed very helpless during the conversation,".

Manik didn't understand what to say, feeling guilty and blaming himself for his family's current financial condition

Manik asked with a trace of melancholy, 'Is my father still able to work on saving our company?

"Your father has been secluded and is avoiding all contact, locked in his room, neglecting his health, feeling hopeless, and even considering leaving the city, but your mother was able to persuade him not to make such a drastic decision."

My father built a small company with all our savings, he had hopes of seeing me as the chairman of that company, but everything suddenly fell apart," Manik said sadly still trying to be normal 

"I am sorry ?" She says genuinely

That's all right, you need not to be sorry" 

Nandini can you convince my sister Soha to over the company

I will try to but not now. I need little time, it won't be nice recently we became friends and all of sudden giving advice about personal matters..so I need little time.

"It's okay, i understand"

Actually I am thinking of taking Soha to a movie, so that she can divert her mind and relax.

He smiled "i will book tickets"

"It's okay, i can buy tickets

Don't say no, 

Okay.

Manik, with a nervousness in his voice, tentatively asked if I could do him a favor."

Sure, Manik, I'll do my best to help, tell me?

Manik said to Nandini, 'Tomorrow, I will give you some cash. Can you please give it to my sister Soha whenever you feel comfortable doing so?' Nandini replied, 'Sure, I can give it to her whenever it works for both of us.' 

Nandini didn't say anything.

 "I know I am troubling you, but I don't have any other option," he requested with a sense of apology in his voice.