Chapter 12

Night

As Manik was driving the car, he saw Harshad walking on the footpath and called out to him by name. Harshad, looking around, spotted Manik and on Manik's beckoning, "get inside" the car

Harshad, surprised to see Manik, exclaimed "I was just thinking about meeting you! What a coincidence."

Manik, curious, asked "Why did you want to meet me?"

Harshad, with a hint of suspicion in his voice, asked Manik "I want to know why you're with Karan, why did he trap you?"

Manik, not wanting to dwell on the topic, said "That's not important now." He then pulled over at an ATM, withdrew some money, got back into the car, and handed the cash to Harshad.He looked at Manik in confusion, not understanding the reason for the money being handed to him.

Manik, with a concerned tone, said "It's not good for mom to stay in such a hygienic place. Go to my home, be a paying guest, and please keep an eye on my family and Nandini too. I want you to look after their safety. Soon, I will find a job for you but make sure my family should not know that you know me."

Harshad, understanding the situation, nodded his head in agreement

Manik brought up the names Abhimanyu Takkar and Muntaj begam and asked "Do you know about them?".

"I am not certain, but I think I have heard the name Abhimanyu Takkar before. From what I can recall, Muntaj Begam had a close association with Mukti. I have also heard that she spent time in both Goa and Hyderabad."

"I am not certain, but I think I have heard the name Abhimanyu Takkar before. From what I can recall, when it's come to Muntaj Begam, Mukti had a close association with her. I have also heard that she splits her time between Goa and Hyderabad, but I am not sure where she resides specifically."

Mukti told me that Muntaj passed away a few years ago," Manik exclaimed in shock.

"No, Manik, when I was trying to plan my revenge, I attempted to access his bank details and stumbled upon some transactions made in Muntaj's name. However, I was unable to gather more information as I was caught. I realize now that I should improve my skills in order to be more successful in the future."

We should try to find Muntaj. Let's think about where you might have heard Abhimanyu Takkar's name before."

Manik pulled over the car near a restaurant and said, "You should grab a bite to eat and grab a take-out for your mom. And make sure you head home as soon as possible."

Harshad agreed and got out of the car.

Manik said, "Be careful and keep an eye out for anyone who may be following you. Buy a new phone and sim card, he handed over his secret cell number to Harshad.

★★★

Manik's eyes fixate on the clock, noting the late hour as 11pm, his nerves on edge as he impatiently waits for Nandini's call, his mind filled with curiosity to learn her ultimate decision.

Feeling anxious, Nandini dialed Manik's number and hung up after only giving one ring, before he could answer. Manik was left confused and wondering about the reason for her behavior, and immediately called her back to find out what was going on

She picked up the call, "Hello Manik," Nandini answered,

"Is everything okay?" He asked her, his concern evident in his voice.

Manik, I've given it a lot of thought, and I want to say yes to you," Nandini said hesitantly. "But the truth is, I'm scared to say yes."

Why are you scared, Nandini?" Manik asked, trying to understand her hesitancy.

Maybe because I've never really trusted anyone before," Nandini explained. "This is the first time I'm considering trusting someone other than myself, and it's scary for me."

Those words touched his heart deeply, making him feel a little special and causing goosebumps to rise on his skin unconsciously.

"Do you trust me?" Manik asked, his voice firm over the phone. She held the phone tightly, her heart racing as she tried to understand what he was asking. She didn't know what to say, her mind was a blur. "Manik, I will talk to you later," she finally said, trying to buy some time to process her thoughts

He smiled and said, "So, you have agreed to become a partner in business".

She replied, "Yes, but you should take responsibility for guiding me. I am willing to follow your instructions, but I don't have any knowledge or experience in running a company or understanding business."

"I promise," he said, feeling something different in his heart. He didn't want the conversation to end with her, he wanted to keep talking and get to know her better. He felt a connection with her that he couldn't quite explain and he wanted to explore it further.

Of course, you should take responsibility," she replied, "After all, it's your responsibility."

Of course, it's my responsibility," he said, but somewhere deep in his heart he felt that she was also his responsibility. He cared about her and wanted to make sure she succeeded in this partnership. He couldn't explain the feeling, but he knew it was real and he couldn't ignore it.

She said, "Tomorrow I will be submitting my resignation letter at the library, and your father asked me to sign the documents to become a partner in the registration office."

"Congratulations!" He said, with a smile on his face. He was genuinely happy for her and excited for the opportunities this new partnership would bring for both of them.

"Thanks, Good Night Manik," she replied, with a smile on her face. She felt a sense of relief and excitement as she hung up the phone and prepared for her new venture.

A smile appeared on Manik's face as he hung up the phone and he felt a sense of unknown peace in his heart. He couldn't explain the feeling, but he knew that everything was going to be alright. He was glad that everything was falling in place and he was excited for the future.

★★★

Nandini looked at the stars through the window, deep in thought. She wondered, "Who are Manik and his family to me? Where did this attraction come from between me and his family?" She couldn't understand the feelings she had for Manik and his family, but she knew that they were strong and she couldn't ignore them. She felt a sense of longing and curiosity as she continued to stare at the stars.

 She felt a sense of longing and curiosity as she continued to stare at the stars

Ignore mistakes

Keep smiling

Chandanakshi